Surprising observation about the old Evenflo Triumph

::er!ca::

We no longer use this seat because we have the MR65 now and the harness adjuster on our Evenflo Triumph sticks really bad... but I'm babysitting my nieces and I thought I'd see how my almost 6 year old niece fits in it. She'll be 6 years old in 4 months. She's on the taller side for her age... and is just over 40 pounds, so technically she's outgrown it by weight... but as for height, she definitely still fits. I'm just shocked, because it has such a short shell (20.5-21 inches). The top harness height is about 15.5 inches. I seriously just can't believe that if she weighed 3 pounds less she'd still be able to use this seat at almost 6 years old.

Unfortunately she's been in a booster since she was just shy of 3 years old :eek:
DSC_0002-12.jpg

DSC_0003-16.jpg

And here is her sister, she's 3.5 years old... a shorty, like 36 inches tall. And about 30 pounds. She's been in a booster since she was 2.5 years old :eek::eek: because her dad said she was too big for her car seat. Her car seat was the EXACT SAME as the one in this picture, just black. :rolleyes: Definitely not outgrown! Her shoulders are even with the middle harness slot (there are only 3). Now, how could she have been too big for it a year ago?! She is just at the rear facing limit for this seat.
DSC_0004-6.jpg

DSC_0006-13.jpg

And of course, Brinlee, my 4.5 year old. This was originally her seat. We passed it down to Isabel and got Brinlee a Nautilus last year. But it's still not outgrown. She's only 35 pounds.
DSC_0001-17.jpg

DSC_0003-17.jpg

ADS

agurlsride

Wow....maybe your kids have long torsos? Both of my oldest kids fit into the old Triumph until they were over 7yrs old....or, maybe my kids just have short torsos?? LOL

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Wow....maybe your kids have long torsos? Both of my oldest kids fit into the old Triumph until they were over 7yrs old....or, maybe my kids just have short torsos?? LOL

It's considered fairly standard that a child who outgrows a seat with standard 40-lb seat 15ish top slots, like the old triumph, before age 4 has a longer torso, at age 4 has an average torso, and after age 4 has a short torso.
I have NEVER heard of a 7 year old in one. :eek:
I can not conceive of how that would be possible. Seriously.
DD had it outgrown by 2.5 ish.
And yes, she has a longer torso, but not freakishly large. lol. :thumbsup:

abacus2

My dd had lots of height growing room FFing when she outgrew the Truimph by weight. She was even with/slightly above her Dorel seats at the same time. The original Triumph has pretty tall top slots.

romanoma

perhaps I shouldn't hate and curse mine so, then. I actually bought 3 of these back when DS needed a FF seat when he turned 1:rolleyes:. Now that I know more and am addicted to carseats, I have slowly found a way to replace all but one of them :D, but looks like it does have some usefullness.
My SIL sure loved the one I let them borrow!

LeeLi

Wow, my 3.5 year old cousin is definitely too big to fit in my Triumph. I still use mine all the time, it's not bad for a RFing seat for little kids. The one year old I had in it today has way more RFing leg room in my Triumph than in her parent's BV.

henrietta

That is the pictoral definition of a 6 year old who is "all legs". Wicked tiny torso!

This, exactly.

My 4 yr old fits in it like your Brinlee does, w/maybe a smidge more room in it.

henrietta

brookity

My DD has tons of room to grow in the EFT. Here is a picture of her in the Orion (which is the same thing as the EFT). She was getting ready to turn 3. Don't worry, we raised the straps before she rode in it again. This is actually DH's favorite seat. He prefers it over everything else, even her Nautilus!

027-1.jpg
[/IMG]

::er!ca::

My DD has tons of room to grow in the EFT. Here is a picture of her in the Orion (which is the same thing as the EFT). She was getting ready to turn 3. Don't worry, we raised the straps before she rode in it again. This is actually DH's favorite seat. He prefers it over everything else, even her Nautilus!

This is the one thing I hate about the seat, the huge space between the two harness slots. There should be one inbetween those two.

She's adorable :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishmama

Yep, my 5.5 yo and 4 yo still fit height wise in it, but have outgrown in by weight. I hate those knobs though! Mine always stick. :rolleyes:

steph_s

My son outgrew his Trumph at 2 years and 8 months of age! He only weighed about 29-30lbs at the time and his shoulders were even with the top slots so I moved him. He got another 2 months of use out of the seat in my mom's vehicle until he hit that next growth spurt, but he was defiantly out of it by 3 years old!

Kat_Momof3

seriously, though... that seat had really nice tall top slots for such a short seat... the top slots were why I'd bought it... I didn't think to compare shell size... but at the time, I was not considering the Touriva... and the triumph was the most we could afford... wow... time travel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC