I helped a family at my work yesterday!

TiaxMarie

I work in a portrait studio and have to watch kids come in unsafely strapped in their bucket seats and I can't say anything because I'm on the clock and it could potentially be a conflict of interest or something.

Anyway, a overheard a dad telling his wife that the seat we had for sale in front of the studio was a better deal then what they had bought. It was a combination seat that said UP TO 100 lbs and dad got excited aboutt he prospect. I asked what they had and they had a MyRide 65. I told them it was a much better seat then the one we were selling.

Anyway, mom overheard and asked how I knew so much about seats. I told her I was a tech and she asked if I'd look at her seat since she knew it was in wrong. I happen to be leaving at the same time they were so I agreed.

When I asked who installed it, they said their neighbor who has 6 kids and 10 neices and nephews so she was an expert.

Well, this expert has the seatbelt through the forward facing belt path, the baby was 7 months old and RF. I explained that needed to be fixed, then noticed the straps were above her shoulders, had mom fix those.

I didn't touch the seat for liablility issues, and talked dad through the installation process. He got it rock solid, way less than 1 inch of movement. He was so proud of himself since he hadn't been able to get it before, but could now. Baby left way safer then she arrived.

He tried to pay me, when I told him no thanks, he was just beaming and couldn't believe anyone would help them for free. I also mentioned they come by a check sometime just to make sure since I couldn't pull up recall info (wasn't too worried with it being a Myride) and so we'd have their info on file.

Overall it went pretty well, and only took about 20 minutes. Oh, and their Ped has a 3 and 5 year old RF still, so they plan to keep their daughter RF til at least 40 lbs and she's a peanut, so it'll be awhile.

ADS

Mommy0608

Great story! It's always nice to bump into someone who is so receptive! Doesn't happen all that often (at least for me anyway). :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC