My UPTOWN is here! LOL ok allie's uptown

becca011906

Senior Community Member
my sister is so tried of hearing me talk about wanting this new seat for allie, that she stoped and checked out two more walmarts in lafayette are, here i went looking for them friday night but spent the money on a doulbe stroller on clearance, and my sister just found on at a differant walmart... pics tonight and all measurements!!! :) :)

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
almost uploaded... they will be in my siggy link soon!

Top slots are 17inches tall, the bottem are 9.5 so way way to big for a new born so really a waste with the newborn hear suport... oh well, the harness pads are nice but you have to unthreach the harness ro remove them. i'm going to install it now in the land rover... i'll get pics up of it installed later, were going to eat at my moms... :)

Shaunam

Is this going to be another apex situation, with the same seat and different slot heights!? :confused: Because I put DS in one at wal-mart and he fits in it exactly the way he fits in the scenera, with his shoulder level with the top slots, so about 15 inches. I'm confused!

I'll be taking my tape measure to wal-mart tonight for sure. :p

mominabigtruck

When I measured I got about 16in but I wasn't really pressing down on the fabric. I've decided I must have one, now I just have to wait until dh goes back out onto the road so I can buy one and hide the box.

Shaunam

I just got back from wal-mart. The slots are higher than the scenera, but DS sits in both the same way, so I think the padding does raise him up (maybe a heavier kid with the same size toro would sit lower?). When I measured it, I got 16-16.5" (the slot opening is about 1/2" so the bottom of it is 16 and the top of it is 16.5). The bottom one is about 8.5-9". I pushed on the padding some, but not all the way, since I don't think a kiddo in it will compress it all the way, especially a newborn. I took pics, I can upload them in a bit. The snugride there which had very little padding, had a bottom slot height of 8". So, with the padding of the uptown, I think a newborn might fit about the same in both seats.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I had to push all the way down to get the 17 mesuarement, and it migh thave been the middle/top of the slot. i was kinda in a hurry we were supose to be at my mom's for dinner and i had to put the seat in still! LOL AND it's raining for the 4th day in a row my drive way is so flooded (i cant wait to move and have my very own garage :( ) so i'll take some more measurements tomorrow.
But in the scenera allie is on the top slots for ffing and the second top rfing, in the uptown she's second to top ffing and second from bottem rfing. she weights 30lbs now so a little of comparession! LOL

As for the install it was a lot more upright then the scenera sits, doesn't have that lip on it like the scenera, so maybe that's why... not sure, i think it's a little wider then the scenera too b/c i hate troulbe with 3 across but i was doing the parkway, turbo and uptown... it would prolly work with the radian, but it was raining and i didn't want to move it out of the intrepid i drive more. Hopefully it was stop raining tomrrow and i can mess with it better, i didn't try it with LATCH instaullation b/c i didn't have luck with it in the land rover with the scenera rfing so i just did seat belt and it's in great, but a little upright, fine for a 2 1/2 year old though!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
just found something i have to fix first thing before we go anywhere again... and is it like this on other seats???

"NOTE: You must use the 1st and 2nd crotch strap slot rear-facing. The 3rd slot is for foward-facing only. "

I had never heard that before on a seat, i had the scenera on the ouside slot it said it didn't matter so now i need to go move it back one spot...

Lara

Ohhhh I like it! Does she have more room above her head in the uptown than the scenera?

The regent has a rule where you can only use the outside crotch strap slot if the child is over 50 lbs. That is the only other seat where I can think of a crotch strap rule on though.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
i did take a few pics of the uptown installed tonight when she was sleeping... i'll get thoes uploaded in afew and you should be able to see them then! :)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ohhhh I like it! Does she have more room above her head in the uptown than the scenera?

I would say maybe 1/2-1inch more... ??? i'll do a full measurements compairison tomorrow if she tolarats it, she's been kinda moody, it might have to wait till tuesday when i could take her over to do it in my grandma's heated garage! LOL

becca011906

Senior Community Member
pics of her in it installed will be up soon, also i found out why not the 3rd slot for rfing, the belt path for rfing will interfer with the 3rd spot out... i didn't notice when i was installing it but i guess it's to close, so i'll move it tomorrow when i drag it inside to do all the measurement compairisons of it and scenera! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC