which seats should she get?

minismom

I could use some opinions here. This mom has a 2.5yo DS about 33lbs, prob 35-36" tall, FF in a Signo. DD is 6mo, not sure of stats, in a SN. Mom wants to switch her out of infant seat. She also has a MA in another car, for DS. But she likes the Signo better.
Main car is a Range Rover but she's getting a new car soon and haven't decided yet.
She likes the Signo a lot and was planning to get DD a new one, but my thought was to pass the Signo to DD and get DS a new one, like a Nautilus or Radian, depending on fit. She currently has them both outboard but likes the idea of fitting them side by side so she has a free outboard seat. She likes plush comfy seats, so I also thought TF. Just not sure it'll fit side by side with the Signo. Plus maybe she shouldn't get another convertible. Does the Signo usually get average sized kids to booster age?
What would you get?

ADS

InternationalMama

It seems like most people like the Signo better as an FF seat. It doesn't have much RF leg room and FF it has really nice SIP. Do you know why she flipped her son FF? If she flipped him because of the legroom issues or some other Signo-specific reason maybe if she got a different convertible for her next LO she would RF her longer? If this is the case she could keep her son in the Signo FF and get a TFP for her youngest. The cranberry cover is very, very plush and comfy. :)

I don't know if it will fit side by side with a Signo though. It's a pretty wide seat. She could get her the flora Radian XTSL instead. I love that cover. :) But if she won't RF her for very long regardless of what seat she's in it makes sense to just pass the Signo down and get a different FF seat for her DS. Hopefully then she'll keep him harness longer than he would be in the Signo. (Although I don't know much about when it's typically outgrown.)

romanoma

I have a signo and a radian. I bet they would puzzle well next to each other due to the base the signo sits on, tho I haven't tried it with mine.

First choice - She could get a radian for baby and keep DS in the signo. Then if he gets squished or uncomfortable in the signo, she could switch the two. That way you can maybe convince her to just keep the 6 mo RF until he outgrows the radian. It seems easier to convince someone to keep a LO RF than it is to turn one back around.

Second choice - The other idea is Nauti for older child, and signo passed down to younger. Though if I had a 2 yo FF, I would much rather them be in a signo. Plus, I doubt the signo and nauti will sit next to each other very well.

minismom

It seems like most people like the Signo better as an FF seat. It doesn't have much RF leg room and FF it has really nice SIP. Do you know why she flipped her son FF?

She said she never used the Signo RF, she had an MA before (that she now uses as a spare) and she didn't get a Signo until he was FF. I assume she flipped him only because she heard she was supposed to when he turned 1yo. I told her I didn't like it RF either, no leg room and also such a hassle to lift a kid up that high.

First choice - She could get a radian for baby and keep DS in the signo. Then if he gets squished or uncomfortable in the signo, she could switch the two. That way you can maybe convince her to just keep the 6 mo RF until he outgrows the radian. It seems easier to convince someone to keep a LO RF than it is to turn one back around.

I agree with that. It's unlikely she'll flip the 2yo, but hopefully she'll keep the baby RFing a long time, and the radian is a much nicer seat for that. And then she can always flip them in the future, you're right. I totally hadn't thought about that.

Thanks guys!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC