VW Routan, GMC Acadia, Mercedes R, Volvo XC 90?

M

MizMojoLaveau

Opinions, please, for a mini van resistant family (thought about a Routan) looking for a used vehicle Currently 1 RF Infant, 1 FF 4YO. Will possibly be another infant in a couple years. Would I want bench or captains chairs in those that have an option? I initially though captains chairs was the way to go, but am now on the fence as I now realize that 3rd row accessibility is an option and that it means one less seat.

ADS

aeormsby

We have an Outlook (same as the Acadia). The 8 passenger version with the 2nd row bench. We only have 2 kids and I wanted the option of fitting an extra person in without having to use the 3rd row. I have fit 3 carseats across several times when doing outings with friends. It has tons of cargo space, less if you're using the 3rd row (room for an umbrella stroller, diaper bag, and a few other things behind the 3rd row). With 3 kids I'd probably go for 3 in a row instead of dealing with the 3rd row and less cargo space. I kind of wish we had looked at the Pilot, but the price & mileage were better on the Outlook.

And it is a comfy vehicle. We recently had 8 people in it for girls night (all adults) and no one was too uncomfortable for the 1/2 hour drive (the 3rd row was pretty cozy ;)

Ann

72msfish

i got a routan and like it a lot (i'm still in mini van denial ;)).

if you search the posts, i've added many comments about my new wheels. need anything else, just ask!

k
mommy to :love: rosebud (4 yr) ff in a nautilus and sprout (17 mo) rf in a marathon

Citrine

My husband and I looked at the Routan and we did not like it for a few reasons. 1) the salesmen told is the transmission was that of the Chrysler, 2) very small and narrow 3) felt cheap inside 4) only 3 tethers , a tether each captain chair and 1 in the center third row. I have 2 kids and currently TTC, and car pool another child 3x a week. I like my tethers and like to put my harness seats where I want. We went with 09 Odyssey and traded my beloved and very well missed 06 Pilot. I loved my Pilot, LATCH middle row out board seating and tethers in all seating positions. No LATCH in 3rd row. The newer ones have LATCH in third row and it has bigger cargo with the 3rd row in use. A few months ago we went on a 15hr one way drive in the van and we were all very comfortable. I have not missed the Pilot since the road trip.

armywife12

We LOVE our Hyundai Veracruz!!! I know it's not one you are really considering though. We only have one child right now but plan on trying for one next year sometime so this is a perfect vehicle for us. It has a small third row with two seats in the back while still offering great "trunk" space but without the van look. It is a great SUV that has the look of a Lexus but costs less...lol. It is often compared to the smaller Lexus SUV. The second row is very roomy and most likely has room for 3 across. I can't say enough about it. We absolutely love it so far

aisraeltax

LOVE the R Class. We have a R320CDI...6 seats though, not 7. gas mileage is awesome (between 30-33 generally, if i drive carefully).

if you have any Q's about it, pm me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC