TFK Strollers

ADS

lovinwaves

What would the stroller be used for?

It is a German brand, new to the US. Trends for Kids, or "TFK" for short. Their stuff is incredible, really high quality. But with a price tag to match! It is on the Roll-Out, with both pictures and video. And, by they way., I am in the process of updating all the videos to HD, on a new server. So they will be bigger and better than ever! (Just takes a while, since there are nearly 40!)

-StrollerQueen-

To view her 2009 "Roll-Out," where she talks about the TFK brand, you can purchase it for $7.50 from here: http://www.strollerqueen.com/

Otherwise, I'm not sure there is alot of info or US reviews out there yet on these strollers.

ETA: Here is a video review of the Jogger Twist [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkGaNBXMC_M"]YouTube - Baby Gizmo Trends for Kids TFK Joggster Twist Stroller Review[/ame] The fold looks bad. "Do this, this, that, this, OH, and don't forget that." :p And she says it's heavy.

Last edited:

crunchierthanthou

If they were half price, i'd get a BJCMS. :p
you mean if the BJ was half price or it doesn't matter how much the TFK is you would still buy a BJCMS? Because it's a special one day only sale on the TFKs and I think I might want something more substantial than the BJCMS- bigger air wheels and such.

Twist, totally. The bigger wheel is better.

Twist or X? They both have the bigger single front wheel.

or would you just go for the older City Classic clearance on amazon?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Classic-Single-Stroller/dp/B001CTEOIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1255295098&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Baby Jogger City Classic Single Stroller, Black & Stone: Baby[/ame]

I don't love the shape of the canopy on them, but I'm not sure I like the TFK canopy either.

crunchierthanthou

I agree about the Twist wheels, but I just watched both the information videos on youtube. It's not as slick as a Baby Jogger, but the X folds way better than the Twist (and i prefer the rounded canopy). Crap. If I buy one I'm going to have to sell my MBUD. decisions, decisions...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyplTtogQg&feature=PlayList&p=FED52538686F209A&index=0"]YouTube - TFK (Trends for Kids) Joggster Twist and Joggster III Stroller - Informational Video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaUoa9IceYI&feature=PlayList&p=787646D2BC6BCF66&index=0"]YouTube - TFK Trends for Kids - Joggster X - Informational Video[/ame]

lovinwaves

Well, you can't go wrong with the City Classic of course. It's got the air tires you need, the height of the seat, and high weight limit. And the fold of course is WONDERFUL.

Although, the option to change front wheels would be nice on the TKS. Just not really sure you need that if you don't jog, and have your BJCMS for city, kwim?

That fold though on the TKS is just atrocious to me.

I should go make a video of me folding my BJCSE into my van.

lovinwaves

That fold though on the TKS is just atrocious to me.

I should go make a video of me folding my BJCSE into my van.

Video of unfolding and folding the Baby Jogger City Series Elite. http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb69/lovinwaves/strollers/?action=view&current=October2009022.flv

I know crunch you know how this stroller folds since you have the Mini, but I wanted to post something more comparable in price, size and weight to the TKS. Especially, for those coming across this thread, so they know what I am talking about in regards to ease of folding. The Elite is heavy, imo, but it's so easy to fold.

lovinwaves

Really, the Elite is overkill, imo. Sure, it has some nice bells and whistles, but that old Classic you linked too will be just fine. It's basically the same stroller, but the significant difference is going to be the handlebar (they just changed the grippy on it, no big deal), sunshade, and the skins are a bit different on the Elite (just a tad bit squishier and comfy for baby.) The only thing I really really like on the Elite is the built in parent organizer. It does come in handy, but really just get that Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy on that Classic and you won't miss much :)

ETA: If you could find a newer classic that would be the best. That will give you the new grippy handlebar, and newer sunshade. What about posting an ISO here, or on strollerswap?

crunchierthanthou

Really, the Elite is overkill, imo. Sure, it has some nice bells and whistles, but that old Classic you linked too will be just fine. It's basically the same stroller, but the significant difference is going to be the handlebar (they just changed the grippy on it, no big deal), sunshade, and the skins are a bit different on the Elite (just a tad bit squishier and comfy for baby.) The only thing I really really like on the Elite is the built in parent organizer. It does come in handy, but really just get that Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy on that Classic and you won't miss much :)

but the elite looks so much better. dh thinks the classic canopy is hideous and I kind of think he has a point. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC