pimp your car! :)

aisraeltax

i have seen a lot of threads here, but i want to start a new one b/c none of the others are exactly for this given circumstance.

my friend is in a Subaru Outback right now. she LOVES her car, but is not happy with teh way a lot of car seats rear face....so she is in the market (not sure how long).

she would love to stay with Subaru but i cant buy a new car for another 8 years, so im living vicariously through her. :) i love to car shop anyway. lol

i have recommended a few cars to look at: the Acura MDX, the new VW w/ 3 rows (cant remember the name but it would prob. be what i would buy today, given the need for a new car).

she doesnt want a minivan. I KNOW, I KNOW....but she is like me and we just dont want a minivan.

so....pimp your non mini van car that has the following:

great safety rating
3 rows
good gas mileage
great for 2 rear facing car seats and room for other passengers
reasonable price

tia

rachel

ADS

MomtoRyan

Re: find a car! :)

Thanks I need all the help I can get. I looked a the honda pilot and think I am in love. I love the look fo the mdx but the price tag scares me a bit.

aisraeltax

i agree w/ the Mazda 5. thats a nice car also.

its really hard to get a lot of leg room in the 3d row of any SUV. I am lucky in that i have a lot of room in mine, but when looking at cars, that is one thing that was a PITA in many SUVs.

Pixels

its really hard to get a lot of leg room in the 3d row of any SUV. I am lucky in that i have a lot of room in mine, but when looking at cars, that is one thing that was a PITA in many SUVs.

What SUV do you have that has lots of 3rd row leg room?

72msfish

we've got a vw routan and love it! it's black and the paint sparkles (hey, if i'm driving a mini van i want it to be sparkly!) :love: i've had 3 car seats in it. including the car seats, 7 fit comfortably! i'm new to the mini-van but am learning to love it. one day, when my car seat days are through, i'll get a snazzy, fun to drive convertible... but this is where we are now. i'm ok with that! :p

k
mommy to :love: sprout (17 mo) rf in a marathon & rosebud (4 yrs) ff in a nautilus

MomtoRyan

What's the problem with a minivan? Aesthetics, the way it drives? Trying to understand.

DH and I have a hard time jumping to a minivan. For us it is more aesthetics then anything. I know we should give it a try and maybe will test drive one.

we've got a vw routan and love it! it's black and the paint sparkles (hey, if i'm driving a mini van i want it to be sparkly!) :love: i've had 3 car seats in it. including the car seats, 7 fit comfortably! i'm new to the mini-van but am learning to love it. one day, when my car seat days are through, i'll get a snazzy, fun to drive convertible... but this is where we are now. i'm ok with that! :p

k
mommy to :love: sprout (17 mo) rf in a marathon & rosebud (4 yrs) ff in a nautilus

Any pics of interior/exterior? I would love to see 3 car seats in it.

72msfish

i wish i knew how to upload a pic. i don't have an url for them. any ideas? as for exterior pictures, you can always check out vw's website. i have my 2 car seats in the middle section and when we tote around friends/family w/kids, their car seat is installed in the 3rd row. the 2 middle row seats have latch and the rear middle seat has latch too. 2 people can sit on either side of that car seat.

the true test for this black beast is the road trip to disney we're taking in 38 days! we'll see how we make out in those close quarters!

gas consumption is average, i guess. my vw passat used to get 32 mpg but i'm lucky if i get 19 mpg :( with this beast. rides nice but not nearly as fun to drive as my sporty silver bullet! :D (the passat)

k
mommy to :love: sprout (17 mo) rf in a marathon and rosebud (4 yr) ff in a nautilus

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Another vote for the Mazda 5.

I know *I* tend to think of it as a minivan, but most people don't. If I'm meeting someone somewhere to drop off something for freecycle or to do a seat check, I can't tell them I'm driving a Mazda 5 because most people don't know what it is. If I tell them it's a "small minivan," they still don't see me.

I also get a LOT of young people (kids, teens) who stop me and tell me how "cool" my car is. :confused: I honestly don't know why, because much as I love my car, I think it's ugly LOL! But I can say that it's really NOT like a minivan in any way except for the sliding doors. It gets better gas mileage and doesn't drive/feel like a minivan.

MomtoRyan

Not sure but I think you have to download them onto a place like photobucket then copy the url and use the button that looks liek a postcard with a mountain on it and paste it there. HTH!!

Wow a trip to Disney!! That will definitely be a test for room. My parents used to take us back in the day in our station wagon that we had.

MomtoRyan

Another vote for the Mazda 5.

I know *I* tend to think of it as a minivan, but most people don't. If I'm meeting someone somewhere to drop off something for freecycle or to do a seat check, I can't tell them I'm driving a Mazda 5 because most people don't know what it is. If I tell them it's a "small minivan," they still don't see me.

I also get a LOT of young people (kids, teens) who stop me and tell me how "cool" my car is. :confused: I honestly don't know why, because much as I love my car, I think it's ugly LOL! But I can say that it's really NOT like a minivan in any way except for the sliding doors. It gets better gas mileage and doesn't drive/feel like a minivan.

Hmmm guess I will have to see it in person. How many carseats have you had in it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC