Just got my Parkway SG

steph_s

Just got my Parkway SG *UPDATED with pics*

I *big puffy heart* love this seat! I'm really impressed! My son has borrowed my friends Evenflo big kid booster and my other friends regular parkway booster before for booster training and this seat is sooo much better!

The Evenflo seat- while it's nice for now while he's little and it's super light weight I don't like how it positions the lap belt slightly over the kids stomach in it seems every vehicle. It isn't much, but it doesn't fully go over their legs. It would make a horrible booster seat for bigger kids as there isn't a lot of room in the seat for wider hips.

Parkway booster- It has nice deep head wings and side wings, wider seat base and does give a good fit for the belt. It drives my son nuts and makes him want to sit forward (not good) to see out the window better, it only fits in the outboard positions of my car and doesn't really fit well in my mom's vehicle either. It does fit in just about every other vehicle I've tried it in. It's a nice seat don't get me wrong, but having your 5yo lean forward while driving 45mph down the road is scary! If you lock the belts it just makes him feel claustrophobic and he expresses just how much he dislikes this seat.

Parkway SG- It's head wings aren't nearly as big nor are the side wings. It is an awesome fit once you figure out the proper length for the slide guard which does take some trial and error. He doesn't lean forward in this set at all and doesn't complain he is "in a box" (his words). The side wings are deep, just not as deep. It seems to go almost 2in taller than the regular parkway booster in height which is awesome. It gets a better fit in my mom's vehicle and in my center seating position (haven't tried it in any other cars). To me this makes no sense sense it looks almost identical in the belt path as the old parkway. I love the way that when you pick it up the bottom doesn't threaten to come loose and flop back like some other seats making it easier to move. The seat is nice and deep and the angle of the seat makes it so even bigger kids won't have the typical legs falling asleep as badly problem like some other seats. The only bad thing I have found about this seat is that to get the slide guard adjusted correctly you have to keep flipping the seat over and having your child jump in and out of it. If they could make any improvements in the seat this is where it would be. A way to tighten and loosen the sg while the child is sitting there.

Will try to take pictures once my friend gets back into town with her seats so I can show the difference.

Last edited:
ADS

steph_s

Ok, can't get a hold of my friends regular Pkwy, but here are some pictures and a question..

He is 5 years old, 40-41lbs depending on the day and around 43in tall.

In his Regent
Sept09033-1.jpg

Evenflo big kid (that is the string from his pants across the seatbelt sorry. It's going right across his stomach)
Sept09035-1.jpg

Parkway SG (not following Britax rules didn't get all the slack out was sitting the driveway no where near his stomach)
Sept09032-1.jpg

Parkway SG (Following Britax rules notice how it pulls the belt in between his legs and folds the belt some)
Sept09030-1.jpg

The thing with following the rules. It states to not like the SG clip go higher than their thighs. Well if I do that the seatbelt bunches up around his legs (as seen slightly in second picture) and yanks it down almost between his legs. If I let the clip go slightly higher I get a much better fit going across his legs and still away from his stomach. What do you guys think?

Also comparison on height and protection between the two seats.
Sept09036.jpg

Sept09037.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC