reclining seatback for graco nautilus

saoirse

i just bought a nautilus and thought that i had read somewhere that you can recline the seat back to make it recline more....

i have a 2004 honda crv and the nautilus is behind the passenger seat

baby going to cry got to go get her :)

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
On the bottom of the seat, in the front, is a red handle that you can use to change recline positions. There's really not a big difference in the positions (there are three) so you have to pay attention when you recline it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Re: vehicle seat reclined

And keep it reclined, or to get a better install, and upright it when you are done?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Ok, well, it depends on your vehicle. I wouldn't, just because it puts more pressure on the crotch, during a crash.

how old is the child?

Qarin

I have our Nautilus installed on a captains seat, middle row of my 1998 GM minivan- the captains seat is reclined two clicks, which allows the Nautilus to sit really nicely in it and also gives just barely enough recline that DD does not get any head slump when she sleeps. My understanding has been that a very small amount of seat recline is acceptable- she's not leaning so far back that she's going submarine her small self crotch-first into the strap.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just a quick note that the 2 threads started on this topic were merged together. If a question doesn't seem to be getting a response, it's fine to bump your post after a period of a day and a half or so. Remember it's Thanksgiving weekend so people may very well be online less. :thumbsup:

saoirse

thanks, i made another thread because i figure i worded the title wrong and i couldn't figure out how to change it :eek:

i will try to get a pic i don't have the vehicle today

our vehicle has split seats...i reclined the one that covers pass ans middle

i guess you would like to see a pic of ds in the seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC