Concord Fix Max

lil96

Does anyone know anything about this seat? It is my loaner seat while my Ultimax gets "repaired" (I don't understand how a hard plastic molding shell is going to be repaired).

It looks old, not used old, like it has been sitting in a nox old. I checked the DOM on the back of the seat it says 09/05. On the bottom of the seat it says 09/05, which the bottom can be just a booster. On the recliner piece which is a totally seperate piece it says 12/02. I can't find the official statement from Concord about exp. Does anyone know if these are all still good?

Also the fact that the recliner piece has a different date seems odd to me. Does it matter? It seems to fit with the seat.

I had just typed this all up and then the computer crashed, so I feel I am forgetting something.

ETA It is ECE 44/03, is that still ok?

Last edited:
ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I don't know anything about that seat -- what country? And who arranged for a "loaner" seat, and why? That doesn't seem typical.

InternationalMama

ETA It is ECE 44/03, is that still ok?

This part is fine. But the rest of it I probably wouldn't be okay with. I assume you are in Germany? Or the UK? And that Concord sent you this seat to use until your other one is fixed? I wouldn't use a used seat with my child unless I knew the full history of the seat, which its clear from your post that you don't, even if it was from the manufacturer.

I would either buy another seat to use while yours is being repaired or I would borrow one from a trusted friend or relative who knows the full history of their seat (no accidents, etc.).

As far as expiration, many European companies don't address the issue of expiration. Dorel (Maxi-Cosi etc.) is now saying 5 years from date of purchase and apparently Britax (in Sweden) says 10 years from date of purchase.

Sorry to be brief. HTH.

Last edited:

lil96

Boring or buying one is sort of out of the question right now. The people I know with car seats use them. Buying one would not only be a giant hassle, but a big waste. I would have to either drive around town looking for one, which means loading the kid up in the broken seat. Also that I am 8 mo pregnant just got over strep throat and now I am dealing with a flu, it just doesn't seem like I'd have the energy to do it. Ordering online is always an option, but that (along with the first option) would mean spending 250 Euros on a seat I would most likely never use. I only drive 3-4 times a month. I usually only walk everywhere. This seat is pretty much just in case I go into labor and we have to drive to the hospital(which is ~1 mile from my house through city driving, nothing high speed). I do care deeply about my child's safety and I did consider purchasing a new seat, but it doesn't seem worth it to me, especially since I have used this seat maybe 15 times since Feb when I purchased it. To buy a new one, seems pointless to me.

The Fix Max looks new, it was wrapped in the plastic when I got it. The straps still have that stiff feel to them. So I will assume it is new, but has been sitting around for a while. Under any other circumtances, getting it from a random person, no I would never use a used seat.

Sorry I felt like I needed to defend why I am using this seat. :)

As for it harnessing to 25 Kg, I am not sure about that. I think it is a booster 18-25. The back of the seat comes off, I think.

InternationalMama

I'm sorry I made you feel like you needed to defend yourself. I didn't mean to sound harsh. I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that post and maybe didn't put it very well. I just was concerned that you were using a seat you didn't know the history of at all and wanted to encourage you to consider other options. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

As far as your seat situation, if you follow the link I linked to in the last post you could buy this same Concord Fixmax seat new for 80 Euros, so luckily it's not a question of spending 250 Euros on a new seat. And that site had free shipping on the seat to a bunch of different countries. I bet it would get to you in just a few days straight to your door, probably before you even have to take another trip in the car.

It's hard to suggest anything else without knowing the country you are in or the weight, height, etc. of your child, but if you feel like providing this info I bet we could help you find a new seat that would be fit your son for a good price online. As you've seen yourself it is always useful to have a spare seat around and I'm sure you'll get use out of it since you have another baby on the way. :)

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, but we're here to help if you want advice on getting a different seat. I know it sucks to spend money on something you use so infrequently, we're in the same situation, but I think it's worth it so I can't help but encourage you to consider other options. It sounds to me like you're concerned about this loaner seat too.

joyride

When it is a 2005, it must be one of the last produced ones.
It is fine to be used for minimum of 6 years, so you should be ok with that.
There are still "on stock" at Concord for special needs, but not sold anymore. I bet this is one from their "secret storage".

It harnesses to 25kg and is a Booster to 36kg.

Greetings
Joy

InternationalMama

Joyride, can you link to where you found that info? I'm interested in the fact that it's 25kg with the harness.

Also, since you said it has a 6 year expiration if you were the OP would you be concerned about the recline piece from 2002 (expired 2008 in this scenario)? If you think it's new, what would be the explanation for the different expiration dates?

OP, do you need the recline piece to install the seat for your son? Could you just leave that out of the equation? Also, if you think it's new and it's from Concord, could you call Concord to ask them if they send out only new seats as on loan? I know you said you don't have a lot of time, but it might ease your mind as an alternative to buying a different seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC