WHY can't I get my Radian to fold??

mom2juliarose

I have tried SO many times on so many different occasions to get my Radian to fold, and I can't. I tried again this weekend (was carrying it from the house down to DH's car, thought it would be easier folded) and the same issue--I can't get it folded enough to loop the red strap through.

I've read the directions (and followed them), I've even looked at the "troubleshooting" to see if any of those things were the issue... nada. It feels like foam or fabric or something is in the way of folding, but I've inspected it and can't figure out WHERE the issue is. :shrug-shoulders: I don't want to force it, so I've just given up every time.

Anyone have any suggestions? I need to figure out how to do this by December when we fly with it.

I think when I figure it out I'll post a "how to fold a Radian" video on YouTube. I searched there for one and found nothing...

ADS

sirrahn

Hmmmm...harness is loose, velcro is separated in the crease of the cover?? I had trouble with mine once and I'd forgotten the velcro. You do have to force it a little bit at the end though...not really hard, but give it a little oomph.

HTH a little...I haven't folded mine since we flew with it in March. There might be something I'm forgetting...

Pixels

Loosen the harness ALL the way. Operate the release levers to start folding it. Move the chest clip and buckle tongs up. Open the velcro slits. Grab hold of the crotch strap buckle (and belly pad if you have it on) and pull it up toward the head of the seat while you fold it. Keep pulling the buckle up and adjust the buckle tongs and chest clip as necessary while you fold it. At the end, you will have to lean on it while you do the red strap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC