Check out the new KOLCRAFT Double stroller!!

ADS

Morganthe

Ooooo!

That's pretty darn nice. Hubby even liked it :D Looked lightweight, but sturdier than with the usual creaky plastic. I do like the option of making it into a single stroller too. Makes me almost wish I could have another tot just for the gear :p

I'm just not too sure of those Bugaboo type front swivel wheels going up and down curbs/steps. From what I've seen, they can cause bottoming out problems :(

mominabigtruck

I wonder if the seats turn around like they do in the single contours stroller. It's nice that they're coming out with nicer low end things for people like me who have to drive an hour and a half just to go to the closest bru.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmm... wonder if one of the seats reclines... I could always use a double for my baby and my miniature weiner dog, right? (she just doesn't quite fit in the basket of the mountain buggy, lol)

:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The kolcrafts I've had have held up pretty well... but yeah, maybe 149 would be a better price...

(and yeah, the seats DO recline... dog friendly, indeed, lol)

super_grape

WOOHOO!!! I saw a photo of the prototype from the ABC show
at www.spillingthebeans.net and thought it looked pretty neat,
I'm so happy they released it!
Now to convince my 3 year old to ride again:p .

Morganthe, FWIW - I've got a Cameleon and don't have trouble
manuevering curbs and what not...no bottoming out so far:) .

Holly

mominabigtruck

Don't feel bad, I've got a 4.5 yo that thinks I should have to carry the baby just so he can ride in the stroller. Ever since I got the quattro tour he tells me how "comfy" it is.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
looks nice, but the shipping weight is still 40lbs... that is prolly on heavy stroller... i'm on a quest for a new 2 seater to replace the kolcraft side by side we took to kings island this summer that wasn't fun at all to take!!!

Yoshi

Aside from the weight, another negative would be those miniature canopies. They wouldn't give much shade. Ok for the mall, but not for around the neighborhood. No one gets the WHOLE deal right, do they?:confused:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Well that's definately cool looking...and I actually liked the one Kolcraft stroller I owned. But I wouldn't pay $210 for it...like a PP said, $149 is about the max I would pay for a Kolcraft product regardless of what it is.

B

BARBSTWINS

Does anyone know of any place that sells these strollers in store so I can take a look at it?.. I only see it available online!!!!

drjanetm

It's cheaper at Albee baby than Target - $199 with free shipping.

Looks like a good option for a cheaper double, I wonder how it folds up, though.

lovinwaves

WELL.................... Here is a review of it from a StrollerSwap member. It's sad so just warning you in advance :(

Don't bother with the Kolcraft Contours Tandem Stroller

It's huge, and unwieldy. Very long, and very wide. Incredibly heavy-
heavier than my phil & teds sbs twin.

The seats are incredibly small- Very short seat back- my SMALL 2yo
niece looks enormous in it. My 2t wearing 3yo is WAY too big for it.
The seats are easy to clip on & change around, but there is a ton of
play in them, they rock back & forth. Also if you lean on them, they
recline.

The hoods are way better than they look in the pics though, they fold
forward a bunch further. Honestly, that is the nicest thing I can
say about it. I bought it thru Walmart.com, and I will be returning
it to walmart tomorrow.

I am repeating to myself over & over- DO NOT IMPULSE BUY JUST BECAUSE
IT LOOKS COOL!!!

lovinwaves

Hmmmm...It is a very cool and unique looking stroller, but I gotta admit I don't think my even tiny 2.5 year old would fit in there comfortably.

Also, it sounds like she hasn't even taken anywhere and that can make a big difference. I would like to know how it handles, and pushes. I will keep checking for some more posts from her.

Another lady on StrollerSwap said she liked the Duoglider much better over this. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC