Someone who listened!

tjham

My daughter is dating a man with a 4 yr old daughter (every other weekend). She has 4 yr old son, (36 lbs), my grandson, :love:. DGS is in a Marathon in her car, a Nautilus in my car and also in his dad's car.

As soon as she started dating NG (new guy), she noticed he had a booster in his car, outboard. She asked about his daughter and found out she is also 4. He said she weighed around 40 lbs. DD told him all about the seat she has for her DS and why. She said NG was very interested (or was he just interested in her and decided to play it smart? ;) ) She asked me for some research so I sent her links, but I said if the girl was 4 and 40, it was technically OK, IF she always sat correctly, etc. She at least got him to move it to the middle since he never took it out and had no other passengers.

So they finally had the kids meet at her house (they got along great) and my DD weighed NG's DD. 34 lbs! So then she became more verbal that his DD should not be in a booster. He agreed! She called to see if I had a seat he could use until he got one, and what to get. She says he seems to soak up the info she gives him about parenting as if he has never been given the opportunity before.

Well, I had a Mariposa Nautilus being used as a booster just because I had it (and it can be Latched). I bought it for my granddaughter who is 8 and still fits harnessed but it was becoming a battle I didn't feel like having. I have an Airbooster and a TurboBooster for her too, so I put the harness back on the Nautilus and now a little 34 lb 4 yr old is riding in style! My daughter made a big deal out of giving her a pretty pink seat she could do up herself and be like a race car driver!

I'll let him keep it as long as he uses it! (Don't ask what I'll do if they break up. I'm a softy and would most likely not ask for it back. :eek: )

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
That was so nice of you to let them use your Nautilus! That's fantastic that your daughter followed up on the issue with her new guy to get his girl into a harnessed seat. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC