ts for triplets

canadiangie

Me again ( I do plan on becoming a registered member).

I had a flash over the weekend. Because of the way the latches have been installed in our Caravan, we would have to install two seats on both captain seats in the centre and another in the back. I envisioning myself trying to squeeze through the captain chairs to get out the rear facing baby in the back and it seems like quite the ordeal. It would be easier if the babies were facing front but I am not willing to compromise the rear facing.

So I started thinking about other options and I though of the safeseats or the snugride32s. It is very easy to remove infant seats since there are two in the back bench and one of a captain seat. I wonder if it would be a good option to replace my current infant seats with other infant seats that have a higher rear facing weight capacity. I figure by the time they reach 32 pounds, I could turn them front facing and it will be much easier to remove them from the seats.

What do you guys think?

Hi,

Very few babies will make it to 30 or 32 pounds in the Graco SafeSeat and Snugride 32.

A child can use an infant seat until the maximum weight limit is reached, or until their head is 1 inch from the top of the seat; whichever comes first.

Since your babies are already around 20 pounds I can sort of guess their overall size and I'm thinking they *might* have 6mos in a SafeSeat/Snugride32... certainly not long enough to make it worth it IMO, and not long enough that they wouldn't still need a rear facing convertible afterwards.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC