Which Britax to choose

U

Unregistered

Hello - I am trying to decide on Britax car seats. I like the PW for my 5 yr old (37 lbs, 42 inches and responsible) but don't know what to do for the 14 month old baby. She is currently in my about to be retired FPSE RF. She is on the small side - about 19 lbs, 30 inches. I can't decide between the Boulevard, Decathlon or Roundabout (knowing she would likely require another car seat at about 4 years of age if in a Roundabout). I want to keep things simple and not be overwhelmed with huge car seats, lol, but still want the best scenario! I have a Suburban and will keep the baby RF for as long as possible. Ideas, benefits of each, etc? Thanks so much!

ADS

skaterbabs

I would pass on the Roundabout and go with either the Marathon/blvd/or Decathalon for the baby. You won't have any space issues with the RF seat in your Suburban. :) In my '93 "'Burban" (as we call ours), I used the inside leg of the front passenger seat for the RF tether.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking the same about skipping the RA. But how to choose between the BV and DC? They both seem great and almost the same. I tried the strap adjuster dial at BRU and it didn't seem to move anything...or moved the straps very slowly. I read that people really like the push button harness tightener over the type that is on the BV. I am wondering if I should get the SIP wings in the BV...but then again, isn't the DC just as safe (or why would they make it???). Does it really come down to seat cover/pattern, since my daugher seemed to be comfortable in either when we tried them at the store?

skaterbabs

I think there's is some confusion on how the harness adjustment works. The button and lever do not tighten the harness, they release the harness so they you can loosen it. To tighten, you pull on the strap that comes out of the harenss adjuster lever, or below it on the push-button type.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC