Carseat & height question

U

Unregistered

I just went out and bought a highback booster carseat for Tyler my 4 year old. I got it cause it reclines. He falls asleep in the carseats so he needs extra support. He has hypotonia in his chest and trunk. My delimma is that the high back boosters only go up to 52inches tall. He is now 48.2 inches tall. Is he likely to outgrow this carseat in a couple of months? What am I going to do when he does? He still needs support in the car. He wieghs 50lbs.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It sounds like you found one of the shorter boosters available, like a Cosco or Evenflo Sightseer?
There are some higback boosters that go to 57 or 60 inches, like the Graco Turbo Booster, the Britax Bodyguard (which is excellent in terms of supporting sleeping children or those with low muscle tone), the Britax Starriser Comfy, The Evenflo big kid, cosco protek, jupiter komfort kruiser, and compass b500. These all also have good headwings to give lots of support, come in broad price ranges, and should last till your child is somewhere between age 8-12 and at least 4'9", when the adult seatbelt finally begins to fit safely.

AgwasStars2

I would probably have to agree with Julie and go with the Britax Bodyguard. If you look on their website, they will specify which carseat is best for your situation, and I haven't heard any negative comments about Britax.

U

Unregistered

Tks for seat rec's

Thanks, you two. I'd posted this for a friend and have relayed your recommendations to her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC