Will Frontier fit in 3rd row Chevy Traverse?

JustJack

I drive a 2010 Chevy Traverse with the 2 captains chairs in the middle row. Currently DS (5, 6/07, 47lbs) is in a Frontier (original one, harnessed) and DD (2, 10/10, 29lbs) is RFing in a Britax Boulevard (original one). I am pregnant with #3 due in April.

I want DS to move to the 3rd row when baby comes and I plan on turning DD FFing by then. Problem is I don't think the Frontier will fit in the 3rd row. It has to go in center position as only 1 top tether and the 3rd row does not have LATCH. Since he will be almost 6 in April I am not sure if I should be looking for a HBB or another harness/booster combination. If the Frontier will fit back there, then I guess I don't have to worry, he can just stay harnessed back there. Putting DD or Baby in 3rd row is not an option.

I thought I'd ask here first before going out there and sweating and cursing, LOL

ADS

mirandaall123

I owned a 2011 Acadia twin to the traverse I got my sons installed with the lbp in the center position on the third row a solid install, this seat also installed great on the outboard position drivers side with lbp but unfortunately there is not a top tether on the sides, center seat only. Which is why i had to buy a Odyssey which i love :)

aeormsby

I've installed both of our Frontiers (80 & 85) in the 3rd row of our Saturn Outlook (another twin vehicle). Fits very well, I think I usually put it outboard since we usually have another person/seat to fit back there when we use the 3rd row. (and it's always a short term use so I don't worry about the lack of tether, especially with using the long belt path).

JustJack

Ok, so I just tried to put it back there and holy heck! There is NO WAY it is going to work. Long belt path is a no go as the belt was too short. Couldn't get it tight enough using the short belt path. Plus there wasn't any place for him to put his legs, even with the 2nd seat all the way up. Not sure what to do now. I don't need him back there yet, but we have company coming and I was doing a test run to see how it would work when April rolls around.
Is there a seat that is smaller than a frontier that would work back there?

mirandaall123

On the third row the drivers side outboard buckle stock has more to move and is not as stationary, i could not get the long belt path to work on the right side, so try all positions. Good luck

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC