The expired Britax video

canadiangie

In 2007 Skaterbabs posted that this video appeared on the Britax UK website 3-4 revisions earlier. That takes me to about 2003, assuming the site was revised each year, give or take.

It appears that Britax and GMTV teamed up to do some large scale seat fitting clinic type thing I think back in 2003 based on a slide presentation I dug up.

I also found a story by a GMTV anchor talking about certain seats on the market being made poorly. This looked to be in June 2003, I think. My impression was that it was more of a random story, not specific to just one seat. But I couldn't read the entire story, it wouldn't let me.

And then the only other thing I could find was umpteen forums where this video is posted and discussed. Every one of them draws the conclusion that it's a 10 yr expired Britax. With lots of talk about 'prove it' and general skepticism.

Basically I got no where. Heck I even checked on Snopes.

Maybe Sarah Tilton would know the true back-story on this video. Someone who 'knows' her better than I do should ask.

ADS

tam_shops

Has anyone ever asked a Britax rep their opinion on the video? You'd think they'd want to *clear* their name so to speak! LOL Kind of like the Neiman Marcus cookie...And, btw if you're ever grabbing one of the free recipes, take a close look, a few I've found over the years have several tablespoons of baking powder/soda and that'd be way too much! LOL The one on their actual website is good. I've had students find the story, recipe and cook it, as an example of urban legend and/or internet gossip/fraud...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC