Stroller Suggestions

cosmicdenmother

Hi all,

I am in need of stroller suggestions. I don't really know much about strollers and there seem to be so many options it can be overwhelming. First let me share what my needs are. I think that for the first few months, we will probably do most of our transportation in a carrier or BabyBjorn. As I do not drive at all and my husband drives very little, we aren't really sure that a travel system is right for us. Also, I have read that it is important to limit the amount of time that a baby spends in a car seat. I think that the ideal thing for us would be a jogging stroller. I don't jog, but I walk about 2 miles a day and most of our errands are done on foot, not in the car. We live in an area with rough terrain, cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks and we also do a lot of camping and such.

So, my question is.....What would you all suggest as far as a stroller? As I mentioned, I had thought about the Snugride/ Graco Quattro travel system, but I'm not sure that would be the right solution for our needs. I don't know if we would need a stationary wheel or a rotating wheel, but I think with the way our neighborhood is and the shops we would go to, a rotating wheel would be best. So, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

ADS

eri

I carried my daughter almost exclusively until she was 5 months (lived in a European city), we did buy a big bugaboo (european) type stroller with the modular pieces and it was pretty much a waste of money for us...now i have a maclaren quest and quinny zapp and i use those most of the time
but a cheaper jogging stroller would be good for walking, i wouldn't find it worth it to go all out

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
For a carseat, a Graco SafeSeat 1 may be a better fit for you as you get the convience of an infant seat for a longer period of time.

Some of the strollers---like Bob---have attachments that you can use the infant seat on them like a travel system when needed. Like if you knew you would be taking a cab that day.

As for carriers---I would look into something like a pouch sling or a moby wrap for wearing your baby. You could wear your baby and pile your purchases in the stroller if needed!

I don't know a lot about strollers either....but there are ladies on here who do...hopefully they'll be along soon.

Susan

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I agree with the Safe Seat as a good infant car seat option, a Bob though is going to be big to fit into a Cab if you needed too and most jogging strollers don't recline enough to a newborn if you are looking to get the baby out of the car seat into a stroller.

The Rock Star Baby would be nice for cobblestone streets, has a small shopping basket, the car seat can be attached with a bracket, or the baby can ride in the bassinet. The seat also faces forward or rear so you can face the baby while you walk. The I'coo Infinity is discontinued but basically the same stroller w/ out the bassinet and can be found on ebay for under $200 at times. I loved mine! You could use the just the frame and bracket w/ the car seat if you knew you'd be going in a cab. Later in I would definately look at a Mac Quest or Volo for quick trips.

The Baby Jogger City series might be an option to w/ the car seat adapter? The smaller wheels would make it easier to put in a trunk but still a decent ride on cobblestone streets.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC