RSTV - A few questions

jeno

Senior Community Member
It has been quite some time since I have been in the market for a new seat and after searching a bit on here yesterday, I'm very excited to see that the RSTV may be a great option for us in our upcoming travels.

We do fly frequently so I'm familiar with all of the issues involved there. Both kids will have their own seats on board, child restraints not checked, etc.

Here's what's changed. My DD has outgrown (and I've since sold) our Roundabout. Last time we traveled we brought the Roundabout and a Radian (using 2 straps for back carry). I also own a BLVD and a Frontier.

My preference would be to not travel with the BLVD (or obviously the Frontier). I was considering getting another Radian, but then the RSTV caught my eye. It seems like the perfect solution for us. The price is right, it looks easy enough to bring along and use and this means that I may be able to easily travel by air with just myself and the kids in the future!! I haven't done that since I was pregnant with my 2nd.

So what's the catch? Am I missing anything?

My plan would be to have DD FFacing on the plane, back to RFacing on arrival in the Radian. DS would use the lapbelt on the plane, RSTV on arrival.

Here's the kids stats.

DS - 3.5yrs+ , 40-42lbs depending on the day, 42"

DD - 18mos , 31-32lbs, 33" (and it is all torso and short little legs!)

ADS

DahliaRW

Sounds good! And at 40lbs is fine in the lap belt on the plane (I was told that they don't worry about submarining at that weight by a FA on a recent flight).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC