Report from ABC Kids Show

Wow! Thanks for all of the footwork (and footnotes)!

I really like the look of the TrueFit. It looks a little like the Apex (to my untrained eye), but is a convertible, right? I wonder how it looks with the headrest off for little babies? I love the girly print in the middle!! :love:

The Monterey looks cool too!

Dang, I wish I could afford to have a carseat fetish!

ADS

skaterbabs

LATCH booster for $130 i will be waiting till Feb before getting abby a spare, she has a turbo but it's a pain to buckle. and we really wanted on that can be latch, i might even replace ds parkway if it's that great! I'm really looking forward to the monterey

I'm a little confused by this.... You'll still have to use the seatbelt and buckle the booster when your children are in the car, all LATCH will do is secure the booster when it's not in use.

laurenrachey

I'm a little confused by this.... You'll still have to use the seatbelt and buckle the booster when your children are in the car, all LATCH will do is secure the booster when it's not in use.

I'm guessing she means that LATCH holds the seat in place, whether it is in use or not, and just the seat being held still and not moving when the child climbs in will minimize buckling issues ??? That being said, I know zilch about boosters :)

ETA: and the 17.25in top Signo height BETTER have been changed or I'm going to have a massive coronary.

becca011906

Senior Community Member

Yes i was refuring to LATCH booster ya know like the clek is a latch system booster and Start is teathered (is it latch too??) but of course you still use the seat belt to hold the child into the seat. My ds just gets way to frustrated when trying to rebuckle his parkway when he's not sitting it that he can't do it, i have to pull over after letting them out at school and buckle it up... with 3 across trying stand and buckel up the booster is just to much for him at 8am! LOL

skaterbabs

OK, I just had to clarify that. :thumbsup: I can see someone lurking and thinking LATCH meant not using the seatbelt at all.

hsjwmom

Skaterbabs!!! You may have your new boosters! Um, the Monarch and Parkway are the same height, right? Because I know how concerned you've been about the boys outgrowing their Parkways and there being no headrests in your Suburban...

scatterbunny

I'm not sure if 1.5" deeper will be enough for us...though 2" taller sounds GREAT, and the LATCH capability is awesome (that means lower anchors AND top tether, right? I don't have lower anchors, but I can still top tether it?).

skaterbabs

Skaterbabs!!! You may have your new boosters! Um, the Monarch and Parkway are the same height, right? Because I know how concerned you've been about the boys outgrowing their Parkways and there being no headrests in your Suburban...

maybe!

Momto1bigkiddo

Oh wow I didn't even know about the compass seat! I've been under a rock I guess! :p

This compass true fit looks really wide in the shoulder-area and tall. I wonder if it can be installed on a plane? If it's approved?

Thanks so much for posting this murphydog! This was an amazing amount of information you gathered.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oh wow I didn't even know about the compass seat! I've been under a rock I guess! :p

This compass true fit looks really wide in the shoulder-area and tall. I wonder if it can be installed on a plane? If it's approved?

I'll go out on a limb and make an educated guess that it will be FAA approved. Most harnessed seats are - I can't think of a convertible seat that isn't off the top of my head. :scratcheshead:

The only harnessed seat I can think of is the regent, so far as I can think of all other seats (at least in harnessed mode,) are FAA approved. So I'm guessing they'll certify this one as well. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC