Pondering a new ERF convertible

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If it's not tightening, I'd check to see if the harness is getting caught on something. I find I do need to pull the straps from the back to get it sufficiently tight, but that's fairly typical.

ADS

Cnidaria

We went to Buy Buy Baby yesterday and got to take a look at the Peg convertible, and a second-chance look at a Clicktight convertible.

The Peg only has one recline setting for RF, and while we didn't seem to have a lot of trouble getting the Fllo (which also only has one setting) to stay at the angle we wanted it, the Peg wanted to settle into a deeper recline (we wanted the specified minimum, 35°). I saw that the Car Seat Lady says she doesn't recommend this seat unless you can install it RF with LATCH, and I can see why. It was difficult to get the seatbelt tight enough, it doesn't have a lockoff, there didn't appear to be enough space for easy locking clip placement, the belt folded and bunched awkwardly in the edges of the belt path, and I didn't like the way the shoulder belt was forced to interact with the back of the vehicle seat it was on. Our measurement to the fully-forward front seat was 8 1/2" without kid, and 6 3/4" with kid because pulling up on the harness adjuster strap to get him secured in changed the angle of the seat significantly.

I do think the Clicktight Boulevard we tried at BRU was somewhat broken because we had a *much* easier time installing this one today. With the ball in the most-upright corner of the indicator (and apparently not even registering on the indicator is OK if the child tolerates it, so it could be even more upright), the measurement was 9 1/4". With kid in the seat, 8". My husband could easily sit in the front seat with plenty of space. We noticed that the crotch buckle seemed super, super short (I'm not sure which position it was in, but probably inner). But otherwise my husband liked the seat. Back in the race.

So our top contenders right now are the Fllo, Nextfit and Clicktight Boulevard.

seb3244

I just bought and installed the new 50 lb. Safety First. I would look into it...if you want to RF a long time. The Radian I always found stuck way out front to back. The Safety First sits nicely on its base. Maybe it would be too big, but if you have a chance to try it with your vehicle and the recline you'd need, might be worth a shot. It has high sides. But then again, they all seemed to besides the Radian (which didn't install well where we needed it). My daughter (almost 2 and 95% height) had NO legroom in her Advocate from 2011. And in the Safety First, her legs extend all the way out. It's amazing!!!!

Do you have pics? My dd is 34 months and is rf in our 2012 britax advocate with no leg room.

bnsnyde

Legroom is HUGE. Amazing!

In our 2011 Britax no leg room. In the Safety 1st? Her feet are fully out! She just turned 2 and is 95% for height and is 30 lbs.

I might use the Fllo for now and when I need the higher limits, switch back. It's just hard for me to adjust the harness, in middle seat no less, and it's quite deep for her to climb into.

My pics don't post; always error. :(

lgenne

Technically speaking, this isn't the car seat you're talking about. It's the LX model with much lower weight/height limits, but it apparently has identical dimensions. And my pretty average size 3 year old is sitting in it. (Display model, so the infant insert is semi-permanently attached and just shoved out of the way, and it's obviously not installed, but it should give you a good idea):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431056560.413201.jpg

(Edited to fix image)

seb3244

Legroom is HUGE. Amazing! In our 2011 Britax no leg room. In the Safety 1st? Her feet are fully out! She just turned 2 and is 95% for height and is 30 lbs. I might use the Fllo for now and when I need the higher limits, switch back. It's just hard for me to adjust the harness, in middle seat no less, and it's quite deep for her to climb into. My pics don't post; always error. :(

Thanks for this info!! Can you email them to me p p please :)
Seb3244@gmail.com
Thank you thank you!!

Cnidaria

We ended up going with the Fllo.

It doesn't give us the very *most* space possible (that distinction belongs to the Clicktight Boulevard). But the Fllo has a nice intersection of a higher-than-40-lb weight limit while also being quite reasonably tall, lockoffs, good legroom, and giving us more space than the Radian does. We put very-tall 4.75 yo older brother in it, and he had plenty of space to sit criss-cross and hadn't outgrown the headrest by much. We also actually really prefer standard-rethread harnesses. It's so nice to be able to adjust the harness and the headrest separately.

jwilliams

We also actually really prefer standard-rethread harnesses. It's so nice to be able to adjust the harness and the headrest separately.

Me too! It's nice to really be able to fine tune headrest position, especially if you, say, have kids with big heads. I hope you like the seat.

bnsnyde

We have the Fllo now, too. Easier to use for me.

Wow, he almost fit RF at 4/75 years? That's awesome.
My daughter was 1 when we got the seat technically and now just turned 2. I don't know she has a ton of time left, honestly. I think she'll get to 3.
She is 90% something for height. Little brother will then get the Fllo (we got blue) once she outgrows it, or if he outgrows Graco 40 first, then we do the change up then. And he can RF for as long as he fits...

Cnidaria

The Fllo came today! We got the "Zoom Julius" print (bright stripes) and it's awesome.

Its date of manufacture? 5/20/15. :-D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC