Pics of the Intera part one

MelllieMa

Hi all,
I put my boys in the Intera tonight in Walmart and took some pics for size reference. Unfortunately I didn't have my tape measure with me (just switched diaper bags, it figures), so I don't have measurements. I could only post one pic per post here, sorry about all the posts.

DSC04842.jpg

Lucian is 9 months old, 23 lbs and 31". He is in the second set of strap slots from the bottom of the seat. There are four sets. ( For mental comparison, he is still in the bottom set of strap slots in his Roundabout and is just under an inch from being big enough for the middle strap slots on the RA.)

ADS

MelllieMa

part three

DSC04845.jpg

Luc is using the middle crotch buckle placement and is practically on top of the buckle (and that is in a disposable diaper,not a bulkier cloth one!)

MelllieMa

DSC04846.jpg

Benjamin is 4 yrs old, 37lbs and 42" tall. He is using the topmost harness strap slot and has about 1/2" of growth room left. (for mental reference, this is almost precisely how his Graco Ultra Cargo seat fits him.)

MelllieMa

six

DSC04840.jpg

There's LOTS of room for height with this seat as a belt-positioning booster. When it is adjusted correctly it still does seem too wide at the shoulders and head to be comfortable for someone Benjamin's size, though. And this kid has a HUGE head... same size as his 15yr old sister!
(and Benny just LOVES making faces and seeing the pics later, LOL!)

MelllieMa

seven

DSC04850.jpg

As a backless booster this seat seems absolutely huge to me. TBH, my teenager tried it could fit in it quite comfortably. In that respect maybe it's a good thing for the population of overweight and hard to fit kids. This is only as a backless, though. For as wide as the shoulder area is, the hip area is very average in the body part of the carseat that is not the backless booster part.

MelllieMa

last one

DSC04852.jpg

You can see that Benny is not even all the way back in the seat, he's only about 2/3 of the way. There is a lot of space behind him and beside him. At his age and size I would not feel comfortable using this as a backless booster. It seems that there is too much room for movement side to side of his body even with a belt snugly fastened.

All in all, it's an interesting concept, but there is definite room for improvement. This seat is HUGE, the padding is minimal, the designers tried to include a lot of features, but I honestly don't think there can ever be ONE carseat to fit every age of child.

That was my very long .02!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Melanie! Thank you! Your boys are wonderful models! Was the base/backless booster hard to remove from the seat? I couldn't figure it out when I tried (not that I tried TOO hard!)
Looks like it's plenty tall, at least.
I hear it's good for a full 8 years, which is nice...gives at least some chance for kids to outgrow it and also keeps parents of a mind that kids need to be in boosters longer.
Thanks again for posting these great pictures,

MelllieMa

It took me a minute to figure it, but it comes off just like the AO. Push the metal rod from underneath all the way through and the seat separates. Then you have to attach a piece of fabric so the bare plastic is covered. Interesting idea, but backlesss boosters are so inexpensive anyway it seems to add way too much bulk to the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC