Next Fit Pics

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
You have one? :-o does babies r us have them here? If so the guy I talked to on the phone totally fibbed to me.

I do. I don't know if they have them out. I know somebody who knows somebody. It goes to UAMS sometime next week. If you can't get your hands on one let me know. I'm home on spring break.

ADS

nataliem257

I do. I don't know if they have them out. I know somebody who knows somebody. It goes to UAMS sometime next week. If you can't get your hands on one let me know. I'm home on spring break.

What's your thought on the harness space? opinions seem to be mixed. I need that seat like I need a $300 hole in my head, but something that my mother could get in easily since she insists on not leaving it in her car and making me drive all the way to Maumelle to install it might make it worth it. I thought about taking the tech class at UAMS on the 4th just for grins, if only I didn't have to take 3 days off work :-(

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
What's your thought on the harness space? opinions seem to be mixed. I need that seat like I need a $300 hole in my head, but something that my mother could get in easily since she insists on not leaving it in her car and making me drive all the way to Maumelle to install it might make it worth it. I thought about taking the tech class at UAMS on the 4th just for grins, if only I didn't have to take 3 days off work :-(

I'm teaching and it is at my MDO facility. :whistle:

Unless you are employed by UAMS, I don't think you can get into this one, though.

I gave Betsey a 20% off coupon so she saved $60.

I will have a better opinion later this week. The kids were filthy on Saturday and I don't have big kids again until Thursday. I think I'm going to use it tomorrow with dd2. And see what I think.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
I went to our BRU today to try the NextFit and they have models but no actual seats. It's only available for preorder. The purple is so pretty and I really love the seat. My giant torsoed child fits in it nicely and the cover is a very nice material. The harness is like butter, which almost made me cry out of delight after having the S4Me in DH's truck for so long.

I was going to buy something there to try to get a 20% off coupon to get a seat when they come in stock but they have the seat marked at $299. It's $279 everywhere else. Kind of lame.

BRU price matches now :)

kidzndogz

Will they price match online retailers? Because its not an any other brick and mortar stores. You'd think just showing them the MSRP on the Chicco website and the $279.99 on every site that's selling it would be enough to show them they're ridiculous and to price match...

kidzndogz

I called and asked. They only match in store prices and if its online they only price match cost plus what the site charges for shipping. Which is silly because shipping is pretty much always free if you spend that much. I asked them why they are selling it for $299.99 when it's going to be sold everywhere else for $279.99 and she said she didn't know. Lol. They have three purples in stock but Liam doesn't want purple. Sigh. But I don't want to wait another month or more for boring black somewhere else. The brown looks like poop and they don't have it anyway.

pdxmomof3

I want this seat! Can anyone tell me, if I buy something at BRU and it spits out a 20% off coupon, can I use it the same day in another transaction, or will it have a date range in the future? I don't shop there very often. Thanks!

KatieGrace

I'm not positive, as I'm having to travel 2 hours to my nearest BRU, but I think they make you wait at least a couple of weeks?

kidzndogz

pdxmomof3 said:
I want this seat! Can anyone tell me, if I buy something at BRU and it spits out a 20% off coupon, can I use it the same day in another transaction, or will it have a date range in the future? I don't shop there very often. Thanks!

I don't know but BedBathandBeyond just sent out some 20% off coupons in the mail...did you get one? BRU honors them. I just used one last night to pick up a NextFit.

Reactions: Kel

stephpook

No. The first one is usually good starting about a week or so later.

lauti

I checked this out at BRU today. IMO the spacing of the straps at the neck was a huge problem, deal breaker for me.

Maybe my kid is extra sensitive but they were really digging into his neck, there was maybe 2 or 3in between the harness covers when there was no kid in the seat. I put him in and even with a hoody he complained.

I liked everything else about it and was super bummed it won't work for us.

Shinook

I checked this out at BRU today. IMO the spacing of the straps at the neck was a huge problem, deal breaker for me.

Maybe my kid is extra sensitive but they were really digging into his neck, there was maybe 2 or 3in between the harness covers when there was no kid in the seat. I put him in and even with a hoody he complained.

I liked everything else about it and was super bummed it won't work for us.

This issue has been mentioned several times. Is this a fatal flaw of the seat? I've been planning on getting this seat for our baby due in July, but now I'm worried.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
This issue has been mentioned several times. Is this a fatal flaw of the seat? I've been planning on getting this seat for our baby due in July, but now I'm worried.

I'm not sure. I put a 7yo in it for a ride yesterday and he never complained.

I've got to get my pics uploaded.

lauti

I don't know if it's a fatal flaw, every kid is different. Some will complain, some won't. My kid doesn't like for things to be tight or really squeezing him so I'm just not going to spend $200+ on something he might complain about.

I think the harness covers are nice, they are thick and well padded I just really think that the straps are too close together overall. The marketing image of the straps growing outward as the harness was raised didn't really come to life for me when I saw it in person.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC