New Peg Perego convertible seat

DadToThree

I know that they truly take safety to heart and do everything they can to make sure their seats are top quality and are going to perform the way they should.)

I'd have to agree .. over the last 5 years I've seen a lot of pressure on Peg to change to a higher weight in Canada for the infant seat, and they will not do it till they are 110% confident!

Also, they just delayed the new convertible seat till the fall ... when asked why ... cause there are still some things we want to change to make it that much better!

That's a good response in my books.

There is no doubt that Peg is one of the more expensive seats on the market, but I'm a pretty firm believer that price should play as little a role as possible when selecting a new seat for your child. You need to do your due diligence, select the seat you feel most confident that works for you child and vehicle, then worry about price...

Just my two cents... :)

ADS

mam521

:yeahthat:

Really, when you factor in the monthly cost of a seat, be it even the most expensive of seats, the price isn't that bad when you're talking about your most precious assets.

I had this discussion with a friend not long ago. She looked at a $300 seat and was like wow, expensive. I said think of it this way, $300/6 years is $50/year. Divide that by 12 is $4.17 per month if you use it till its expiration. Is your kid worth your weekly Timmy's habit? Is your kid worth 3 Keg dinners over the next 6 years? That put a new spin on her perspective on seats.

mommycat

The price is always more of a factor IMO for infant seats - paying $3-400 for a seat you might only use for 6 months seems nuts to me if there are other options unless you have a lot of cash to burn. For a convertible or combo that you will likely use long-term it seems to be a lot easier to justify. If the seat is the only one that works or the features are important or whatever - it can become a lot less inportant what the price tag says. Informed buyers paying the price is fine by me. It just galls me that people look at the price and a brand and assume they are getting "the best" even though other products have better limits etc for less $$. But that's not even an issue with the price, just perception. :twocents:

Hard to say without playing with one in person but the seat just seems to come off as "nothing special" to me. I would expect a new seat from a "higher-end" brand to have more. Like higher limits, lockoffs, something to make it stand out a bit more aside from just excellent quality (and this is an assumption). :shrug:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC