New evenflo seat available sept 2008

Heather98012

Trial doesn't mean that it hasn't passed FMVSS standards. Heck, I know someone here on this board that had a pre-market release of the Britax Blvd CS.

Ahhh....makes sense now. So the trial is just to trouble shoot "real life" complaints & issues then?! Makes sense.

ADS

April

I have too many unanswered questions about this seat to really comment on it yet. However, why the heck don't they just send all of us the trial seats????:p We could help them design the "perfect" carseat.:whistle:

Maybe what I should be asking to the original poster is how we get on this testing panel....

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have too many unanswered questions about this seat to really comment on it yet. However, why the heck don't they just send all of us the trial seats????:p We could help them design the "perfect" carseat.:whistle:

True! I agree that we could help all the companies design the "perfect" carseat!

7" bottom slots
20+" top slots
RF to 40 pounds
FF to 80 pounds
Infinite harness adjustment
At least an eight-year life (preferably more, though)
High harness adjuster in front
Easy to adjust harness
Non-twist harness
Narrow enough to fit easily, but wide enough to comfortably fit children

The list could go on and on...

christineka

I went to the safety 1st page to ask a question. One of the "contact us" options was to sign up to test products. I signed up, then asked my question. I went to the cosco page and the "trial signup" is also safety first. I couldn't find anything at evenflo or graco. I suspect they are not looking for more testers.

U

Unregistered

You can sign up at Evenflo's Parentlink site to be an Evenflo mom.

they are always interested in moms with opinion!!

Kat_Momof3

I think it looks like a cross between two evenflo seats we like/love (depending on our individual feelings)... the evenflo Bolero/Generations and the Evenflo Triumph Advance.

I think they really did make a good 3-in-1 seat that really could be the only seat (if it has at least an 8yr life). However, I also think they missed one very big mark. ONLY HARNESSING TO 40 LBS!!

Hello, EVENFLO!!! You need it to harness to 50lbs... then we'd have a 3-in-1 seat we could actually recommend for every aspect of its use!

UGH.

I'm off to email Evenflo.

crunchierthanthou

did you guys see it landed at babiesrus.com?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012746

Interesting seat... glad to see they have a child who looks about 1 sitting rear facing in the seat... but man... wish they had a higher weight limit

good eye! I just googled it this morning with no results.

check out the demo- particularly the Sure LATCH connectors on slide 5. also, the harness range looks pretty good (slide 10).

I really, really wish it harnessed to at least 50 lbs like the EFTA. :( $199 for a 40 lb 3 in 1 just doesn't do it for me.

NannyMom

I emailed evenflo and they said they don't need anymore parents testers (and I asked about things other than carseats too)

fyrfightermomma

Hmm....what do you guys think of that surelatch thing??

It looks like a good concept, but the angle of the thing makes me wonder how good it would work. I'd love to see it in real life!

But yeah..I can't believe it's a 40 lb seat. I wonder how high the top slots are. We personally don't need more than 40 lb seat, but I wonder how long you have height wise.

They changed the chest clip too. Sure hope it works better than the EFTA's!

Sure looks like a GN?

NannyMom

My BRU hasn't recieved it in store yet. Maybe soon then I can go play with it :) Might have been worth buying if it harnessed to 50 pounds. Not that we need another seat.... I think 5 for 1 child is enough.

barnmama25

Ahhh POOO!! I just wrote them about a two page email. Eh anyways I was reading more on that site, does anybody know what an Evenflo First Choice infant seat is?
Under Supplemental instructions.
ETA: you will find supplemental instructions under Consumer Understanding.
Oh and the Embrace can now be used without the base! I didnt know that.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yeah, the First Choice is just like an institutional version of the 3pt Discovery w/o the base (like the Discovery isn't bare bones already). It's in the car seat pictorial if you want to see it.

Only the versions of the Embrace w/ the new seat belt guides can be used w/o the base; it's not retroactive. I personally haven't seen any of these new Embraces that can be installed baseless, even though they claimed to have made the change Spring of 08.

Kat_Momof3

the pics of the symphony are up on tru... ugh... the pic of the little girl using it as a booster... she's smaller than RUTHIE (and Ruthie is just NOT small, but she's young)

it doesn't even look like the seatbelt is right on her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC