New Britax seats for Canada

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was told specifically that it didn't pass, so I'd love to know more...

That would be even more interesting if it outright failed CMVSS testing yet they sell it in the US. I do know of another situation like that over 10yrs ago, but that manufacturer has been raked over the coals for it...

ADS

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Gee, didn't know everyone was waiting for me! The Companion barely passed the Canadian standards and TC didn't feel comfortable with the results - neither did the company. It won't be brought into Canada unless there is a change in the design and then demonstrate that there is no longer a problem. Notice, that it was recalled/investigated in the US as far as I'm aware.

QuassEE

The CosyTot/BabySafe is still in production in Europe, and IMO is a much more user friendly seat... I wonder if Britax is cruising our Canadian forum.. hint, hint? Though the $300 pricetag might scare potential buyers off.

-Nicole.

hipmaman

The CosyTot/BabySafe is still in production in Europe, and IMO is a much more user friendly seat... I wonder if Britax is cruising our Canadian forum.. hint, hint? Though the $300 pricetag might scare potential buyers off.

Yeah price tag is scary, but if it has limit of 30 lbs, top of head levels with top of carseat, rigid UAS (ISOFIX), rebound bar and front foot prop, then there will be people wanting it :love: :p The premium Cosytot has SIP too isn't it? One heck of a carseat if you ask me

How much is the Peg carseat already?

U

Unregistered

Actually we bought a Peg SIP seat. There is a reason why we payed more.
-we bought the peg pramette stroller on clearance because it folds umbrella style and sits compact in the car, and it stands on its own when folded compacctly, also has a carry handle, and you can wheel it around like luggage with the second handle.
-the stroller only weighs 16 lbs, so my wife easile carrys it in and out on her own
-the car seat is infinate adjustment on the straps
-the base is height adjustable so it installs so much easier than other seats
-the latch/uas hooks are fantastis quality that store in the base
-it has SIP
-they have a wide range of colours and fabrics
-most important of all, it clicks in and out of the stroller with no need for attachments, and the car seat clips fold away in the stroller so they are not even visable when using it as a stroller or a pram.
-bonus is that the car seat can be clipped in the stroller forwards or backwards. that way when in the mall, or DS can be sitting forward strapped in looking around.

The way we see it, we can pay more for it, but the convenience over time, having a stroller, prammette, and car seat that work harmoniously without need for attachments..we just click and go was worth it for us. some might not agree, but i just wish the would build the nect level seats with the same design features of the peg...it is just so easy to use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC