Need recs for a good WINTER double stroller!

southpawboston

okay, time to tap you stroller goddess' knowledge.

the valco deal fell through, so what are some other options for jogging strollers that can take a second toddler seat (to have a tandem arrangement)? so far, all i know that do this are the valco and the E3. are the any others? again, we're not looking for a side-by-side double.

i have to admit, after looking more closely at the valco, i do like it.

also, who has the best deals on a valco runabout tri-mode? so far the best i'm seeing is $379 shipped without the toddler seat accessory.

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The ABC has a toddler seat option--the toddler seat is positioned more or less on top of the hood. It's a bit like driving a shopping cart. They're a bit pricey, however..

Emmaljunga has a toddler seat option for the majority of their prams. Fixed wheel is great in the snow, and they have some with hard tires and others with pneumatic tires. Again--maybe harder to come by? I believe it may be their buggy board attachment that has pneumatics as well? Someone might want to correct me here, since I'm not an Emma collector.

Also--if you can find an old Valco Rebel, the toddler seats are around $15 at ReturnsForSale.com right now... But I'm not sure how easy they are to come by, used.

-N.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
damn, it wasn't me. i KNEW it was too good to have a fair chance at it. :(

back to the drawing board.

strollerfreak, what does the ABC double look like?

It's a SBS with the option of either a single or a double toddler seat on it...but if you don't want a SBS then that snuffs that idea.

016_lr.jpg
That's with the double toddler seat...

Mine looks exactly like this...

camotwin.jpg

Oh, and I have test drove a Jane' PowerTwin...the seats are TINY, and the seatbacks are ridiculously short...my 3yo test rode in it when she was 2.5 and her head didn't fit under the canopy at that point. Don't waste your money on that one...

Last edited:

lovinwaves

For 2008 SPB, Baby Jogger City Series Elite will now have a Toddler Seat attachment. It is pretty much like the Valco(the Toddler seat that is) The stroller and how it folds is totally different though. http://babyjogger.com/cityelitemain.htm The Toddler seat or "jump seat", as Baby Jogger calls it has not been released yet (to my best knowledge).

I personally like the Baby Jogger better, overall. This would also work GREAT for your situation. Very lightweight at 21lbs (minus toddler seat), 12inch air tires, and quick and easy *compact* fold. Heck you might not mind this one in your trunk. I do believe you will be able to fold the stroller with the toddler seat attached (Valco is the same way).

Sorry you didn't get that killer deal :hitselfonhead: That would have been awesome!!! I wasn't *really* going to buy it...well.....only if you didn't LOL!

southpawboston

For 2008 SPB, Baby Jogger City Series Elite will now have a Toddler Seat attachment. It is pretty much like the Valco(the Toddler seat that is) The stroller and how it folds is totally different though. http://babyjogger.com/cityelitemain.htm The Toddler seat or "jump seat", as Baby Jogger calls it has not been released yet (to my best knowledge).

I personally like the Baby Jogger better, overall. This would also work GREAT for your situation. Very lightweight at 21lbs (minus toddler seat), 12inch air tires, and quick and easy *compact* fold. Heck you might not mind this one in your trunk. I do believe you will be able to fold the stroller with the toddler seat attached (Valco is the same way).

when will the 2008 series come out? i wasn't able to find any info online about it or the toddler seat attachment.

lovinwaves

when will the 2008 series come out? i wasn't able to find any info online about it or the toddler seat attachment.

The stroller is available, but the attachments are due out this month (to my knowledge). I will verify that though.

You can see on this video the Elite. Start at 2:00 minutes(or start at the beginning and you will see my next stroller coming in a few weeks :p ), then at 3:25 you will see the jumpseat on the Elite Single (my correction it goes to 40lbs, not 45lbs)

http://www.babytv.com/videos/ABC-Baby-Jogger.aspx

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Emmaljunga has a toddler seat option for the majority of their prams. Fixed wheel is great in the snow, and they have some with hard tires and others with pneumatic tires. Again--maybe harder to come by? I believe it may be their buggy board attachment that has pneumatics as well? Someone might want to correct me here, since I'm not an Emma collector.

I LOVE my Emmaljunga Minor Edge with toddler seat, and it worked great in the snow in Germany (where it snowed so rarely that NO ONE shoveled their walks, and it was actually easier to walk through the snow covered grass than on the packed-snow covered concrete). However, unless they've changed the buggy board design, it does *not* have air filled tires. They were very hard wheels, in fact, that clattered loudly on the German cobbles. I sold mine and used a Teutonia board instead.

I was tempted to sell my Emma this time last year, but now I have another baby, so I'm keeping it.

arly1983

The stroller is available, but the attachments are due out this month (to my knowledge). I will verify that though.

You can see on this video the Elite. Start at 2:00 minutes(or start at the beginning and you will see my next stroller coming in a few weeks :p ), then at 3:25 you will see the jumpseat on the Elite Single (my correction it goes to 40lbs, not 45lbs)

http://www.babytv.com/videos/ABC-Baby-Jogger.aspx

Ok, that is, that is my next single, DH said I could get one for Chirstmas. YAY!!

arly1983

You know my phone number :ROTFLMAO:
You are a hoot...and apparently I have rubbed off on you :evil grin:

Well, I sold my Mac Triumph so I "needed" another single but I rarely ever have just one kid with me so a single that could be double is a good invenstment;)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I really like that! Ok, question...do you pop a wheely to turn? :scratcheshead: I love prams (too look at them), but I can't understand why they are so popular with fixed wheels.

For sharp turns, you do have to push down on the handle to take the weight off the front tires a bit. "Pop a wheely" is way more extreme than what I do. For normal turns and steering, I don't even bother pushing down. Simply guiding the stroller in the right direction does the trick.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC