My "nextfit"

mom of six

Asian?

It has a funny thin adjustable crotch strap and it looks like adjusters or something funny at the hip. Yucky, twisty straps. No chest clip.

Zooming in on the words on the base doesn't help. They don't look like letters, more like characters...

ADS

Phineasmama

I can't believe they'd return it to the store like that. If I was going to pull a stunt like that i would at least do Amazon or something! That's ballsy to the max.

bpirof

I can't believe they'd return it to the store like that. If I was going to pull a stunt like that i would at least do Amazon or something! That's ballsy to the max.

Not smart especially since target requires id over a certain amount and keeps records on hand for a year

YinzerMama

I have never been asked for ID but I've also always used a credit card so I guess I could be tracked if they needed to.

Phineasmama

The only time I've actually been asked for ID was when I was returning an online return (that someone else had returned previously). But still, it seems like it would be easy to track down whoever bought that seat, Target keeps track of everything. Rumor has it they can tell you're pregnant before you take a test.

bpirof

Can I just say how happy I am that I opened this thread? Wow. What a seat!

I know right?! I wish sooo bad that I had stopped freaking out long enough to look at it lol... I literally grabbed the box and ran out if the house

YinzerMama

The only time I've actually been asked for ID was when I was returning an online return (that someone else had returned previously). But still, it seems like it would be easy to track down whoever bought that seat, Target keeps track of everything. Rumor has it they can tell you're pregnant before you take a test.

Wow. I am glad that didn't happen to me lol.

I bought one of the roundabouts when they were on sale for 89 dollars (or was it 98?) but when it came I had to admit I really didn't NEED it. So I boxed it up and my husband took it back. Then I went to Target a day or two later and THERE IS WAS marked down to 48. Well I couldn't pass THAT up. So I bought it and hid it in the coal cellar (which we used for storage). But we had to put Christmas stuff away so I smuggled it upstairs to my youngest's closet but THEN my husband threatened to finally go through all the computer parts he had stashed there so I smuggled it across the hall to my oldest's closet, and then one night my husband and I were getting ready to put the younger 3 to bed and my oldest comes in and says "Why is there a carseat in my closet?" and my husband gave me a LOOK. I said I know, I know, I just couldn't resist, but I'm going to return it... and I did, and I was so afraid flags were going to be raised over the whole thing, but nothing happened.

And I didn't go back to Target for over a week because I was afraid it would be out again and marked even cheaper.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
It looks like a Renolux TurnATot to me.

I don't think it has the little headrest (that looks a vehicle headrest) that the TurnATot had, though.

Somebody have a subscription to the pictorial guide?

I have the 2009 version saved on my computer (I did some freelance editing on all of the pictorials, summaries, etc. that year) and I don't see anything with a base that looks quite like that. Hmm. Wish the pictures the OP took were clearer! :p

thepote

Speaking of car seat memory lane... Ancestry.com has all the Sears catalogs through the 1990s scanned and searchable. If you have a subscription it might be fun to go look :)

NVMBR02

Oh wow! Some people have nerve. I'm surprised that Target didn't check the box when returned.

I've returned 2 car seats to Target and they didn't check the box either time. One of the seats just didn't work in the. 3 across I needed at the time. The other was a dirty nasty evenflo booster in a turbo booster box, that time they just stuck a damaged sticker on the box and put it aside.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow. I am glad that didn't happen to me lol.

I bought one of the roundabouts when they were on sale for 89 dollars (or was it 98?) but when it came I had to admit I really didn't NEED it. So I boxed it up and my husband took it back. Then I went to Target a day or two later and THERE IS WAS marked down to 48. Well I couldn't pass THAT up. So I bought it and hid it in the coal cellar (which we used for storage). But we had to put Christmas stuff away so I smuggled it upstairs to my youngest's closet but THEN my husband threatened to finally go through all the computer parts he had stashed there so I smuggled it across the hall to my oldest's closet, and then one night my husband and I were getting ready to put the younger 3 to bed and my oldest comes in and says "Why is there a carseat in my closet?" and my husband gave me a LOOK. I said I know, I know, I just couldn't resist, but I'm going to return it... and I did, and I was so afraid flags were going to be raised over the whole thing, but nothing happened.

And I didn't go back to Target for over a week because I was afraid it would be out again and marked even cheaper.

This is a perfect story for the car seat confessions thread. I love it!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Eeeeeew.
We don't really check our returns at BRU either... I peeked into a nextfit box once and there was a gross, used Dorel infant seat. A manager had done the return, and it wasn't even taped up!
Someone shoved a classic connect base into a click connect box and taped it so well you couldn't tell was in there till I ripped into it after wondering about a funny bulge on the side :cool:
Sometimes the policy of 'must have a box for a return' doesn't make any sense at all, especially when your "nextfit" turns out to be THAT :eek:

xursusmaritimusx

Eeeeeew. We don't really check our returns at BRU either... I peeked into a nextfit box once and there was a gross, used Dorel infant seat. A manager had done the return, and it wasn't even taped up! Someone shoved a classic connect base into a click connect box and taped it so well you couldn't tell was in there till I ripped into it after wondering about a funny bulge on the side :cool: Sometimes the policy of 'must have a box for a return' doesn't make any sense at all, especially when your "nextfit" turns out to be THAT :eek:

I got a dog hair and baby puke covered baby chair from bru once. I took it back and exchanged it for a "new" one lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC