Monterey height question, comparison with Vivo and/or Parkway

scatterbunny

My quest for the perfect booster for the center of my Focus is still on. :whistle: I admit, I'm picky. :eek:

The Indy Plus is awesome, but it works better outboard, plus it has the super-cool rigid LATCH that I can only utilize outboard. So far this booster provides the most height growing room for H in my car.

I had high hopes that the Parkway would work for the center, with the added bonus of working three-across when Andie's boys are with us, but sadly, it tips like crazy in the middle, and the shoulderbelt constantly falls out of the belt guide (anywhere in my car). It also doesn't work with Andie's boys' seats (Nautilus and Uptown or Scenera).

The Starriser Comfy is my saving grace for three-across, it's just like the Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster, only taller. It positions the belts well, and fits well in the middle, but the lack of SIP wings bothers me, so we only use it when we have to, for three-across.

Judi was kind enough to loan me her Vivo to try out, and we love it, but it isn't as tall as I'd hoped. It doesn't give her as much room as the Parkway, and definitely not as much room as the Indy Plus.

Soooo, my long-winded question is:

On the Sunshine Kids Monterey, what is the measurement from seating area to shoulderbelt guide on highest setting?

Also, if you have the Monterey and the Parkway, Vivo, Starriser Comfy or TurboBooster, can you share photos of your child (preferably big kid like mine) in each seat with the headrests adjusted to the very highest setting?

Thanks so much for helping fulfill my need to have the perfect center-spot booster. :love:

ADS

Stretchy Glue

Jenny, knowing that our H's are so similar, I hope this helps you out. See the dates on the bottom of the pictures for age.
Height
100_1712.jpg

PW fully extended
100_1789.jpg

Monterey fully extended
100_1786.jpg

Turbo fully extended
100_0513-1.jpg

scatterbunny

THANK YOU, Joni. :D I really do think I need a Monterey, ASAP. :p

I thought I heard a few folks say their Montereys only went to 20ish inches, so I was leery. Someone said their ds had about the same amount of room in the Monterey as the Monarch (which I found to be a smidge shorter than the Parkway).

Stretchy Glue

THANK YOU, Joni. :D I really do think I need a Monterey, ASAP. :p

I thought I heard a few folks say their Montereys only went to 20ish inches, so I was leery. Someone said their ds had about the same amount of room in the Monterey as the Monarch (which I found to be a smidge shorter than the Parkway).

Some of the Montereys don't go all the way up. It didn't require me to pull hard at all to get it to the last notch. I love the seat, and H still has a lot of room in it.

Kat_Momof3

but that was awhile ago and others have gotten them since... just not measured them.

Mine does indeed go as tall as Joni's.

Jenny - maybe, if you can, take her to a store that has one and measure the display model and then measure the one you get before using it.

OR... if you order online, get it from a store where return is easy/free.

mamaofthree

I just got mine today, DOM 11/08. It measures 20.5" from seat bottom to belt guide when fully extended. There's no way it goes higher. I yanked it up and that's where it stopped. HTH!

Kimberly

scatterbunny

Darn-that's probably not tall enough for us, then. I get 21 inches for the Parkway, and the Indy Plus seems to offer us a bit more than that. I need at least 21 inches. :(

scatterbunny

There's no way dh will agree that we should spend almost $300 for a combo seat that we can only use as a booster. :p Maybe in a couple years when there's nothing else tall enough, and someone here has a Frontier on Swap... :cool:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
There's no way dh will agree that we should spend almost $300 for a combo seat that we can only use as a booster. :p Maybe in a couple years when there's nothing else tall enough, and someone here has a Frontier on Swap... :cool:

Keep an eye on the military AAFES sales - any number of our military members would probably be happy to order you one - I got ds's for $176 through AAFES.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC