Marathon for newborn?

capeKO71

Thanks for the replies.

So, if buying another seat is unavoidable, what's the safest cheap bucket? Seeing as we'd be using it for 6 months max (most likely) it would be nice not to have to spend big bucks to have a safe baby ;)

I really like the Marathon, so selling it and getting another convertable doesn't appeal to me. ALthough your pics do make the Radian look really nice! Our Marathon is approximateloy 18months old, so I may be able to get some money for it if we had to go that route.

Go with the compass... it's on learning curves for $69 - and it's a great seat. :) You just can't use it without the base... but that doesn't seem to matter for this situation. I think there is also a coupon kicking around... for like 25% off or something?

Never mind... it's already off their website... but www.returnsforsale.com has the whole travel system for $130... you could buy it and sell the stroller... but that's a lot of work! lol.

ADS

April

as for an inexpensive infant carrier, I would look at the babytrend flexloc, the compass one that was mentioned, and the cosco/safety1st designer 22.

The Designer 22 doesn't come in a front adjust model does it? I would NEVER buy a rear adjust infant seat again, what a PITA that was.

If it were me personally I'd probably opt for a Radian or a TrueFit, just my :twocents: though.

Misty-Bug

The Designer 22 doesn't come in a front adjust model does it? I would NEVER buy a rear adjust infant seat again, what a PITA that was.

If it were me personally I'd probably opt for a Radian or a TrueFit, just my :twocents: though.

I am pretty sure that it has the front adjust. A friend was given one and although it goes to 22lbs she is gonna keep it cause it has the front adjust and her old SR had the back and found it a PITB

Traget's site

Kat_Momof3

yes, they switched all their seats over to front adjust.
Before that, though, their rear adjusters were done with a button in the back, so much easier than others.

Not to say this is the lightest or easiest seat to use, but (especially now that the new ones allow the handle to be left up if needed), it is a GOOD seat for the price and very safe.

Here are two with front adjusters for 100 dollars or less

http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-B...UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=&alt_view=custReviews

this is the less expensive one -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001076PRE

and this is the best price I found - http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=78930

Kat_Momof3

no prob... the price you can find them at, compared with the easy ability to sell them on cl when you're done or donate them (you can get a receipt and deduct at tax time) is why I wasn't pushing the scenera or Uptown.

I'm a babywearing mom and am all for leaving the seat in the car, but I have to admit that most infant seats just fit babies better, so if you can find something that will work with your budget, that's awesome.

Oh... and KMART has the great prices, too... and they have a girly winnie the pooh one and a boy winnie the pooh one (though it's in browns, not blue... the girly one is PINK).

If Evenflo were the only good priced one, it would be another story... but this is why I keep my eye on prices and rules for these seats, even though I don't need one now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC