Frontier threads

Heather98012

yeh, im not generally that frugile when it comes to car seats but im not spending $300 on a booster and FF seat from 35-40 lbs (my kids will stay RF'ing in teh convertible until 35 lbs.). just not. worth. it. :(

:yeahthat: Took the words right out of my mouth!!

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
Well, unless your specific vehicle latches to 48 lbs, correct??

I did ask for more info from the lady on Amazon....such as, how much her daughter weighs, what vehicle, etc. I dunno if she'll reply, though.

Yes, the vehicle has to state higher limits. If they don't state any limits you still have to go by 40lbs according to the Frontier manual.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I received a call from one of the buyers at Right Start who wanted to hear from me personally about the installation issues I was having. She told me they would let me know what the response was from Britax later because at the moment they were in a meeting to discuss these issues.
Whoa! seems Britax has gotten enough complaints to hold a meeting about the Frontier. I did not receive a call back from them today. However, I did get another call back from Right Start. She said they just wanted to let me know they are on top of this and didn't want to leave me hanging without an answer tonight. :eek: How's that for customer service?? :thumbsup:
I told the first CS rep that I didn't mind printing my own label and taking the seat to UPS- it's on my way to take the kids to school. The 2nd rep asked if I was sure because they would be happy to send UPS to pick it up from my house if that was more conveinent! She said she would contact me again as soon as they hear about any resolution rom Britax.
I can't tell you how impressed with their customer service! 3 calls from them to make sure I was happy?!?! Tell me where you can find service like that these days!

jwren

Well my red rock BF is on it's way here, it will be here Thursday, hopefully I can get dh to install it this weekend, maybe before then..As soon as we do it, I will post the outcome. I am hoping that my recessed belt stalks mean a tight install, but the way things are looking, I don't have my hopes up. I am curious to see what Britax suggests. This is obviously a bigger problem then they imagined, or they wouldn't be holding private meetings about it. I am happy to hear of all the great customer service from the right start, I am curious if elite will follow suit and give back all the shipping, but I doubt it being I paid for the return shipping insurance for this very reason.. Fingers crossed that I don't have to return it...;)

jplain

Oops, maybe I should have posted here instead of in the Car Seats forum? Sorry, dumb newbie here. Anyway, I did get a good lap-shoulder belt install in my 2005 Honda CR-V: link.

I was not at all successful with DH's 1996 Honda Prelude. (However, I doubt anyone here has had to deal with one of those. It is not exactly a family car, and apparently they're quite rare now. :p) When the seat belt was buckled, the wide end of the latch plate got stuck at the belt path entry, so it couldn't be tightened enough. A full twist of the buckle end webbing to try to move the latch plate away from the seat didn't significantly improve the situation.

:) Carolyn

Stretchy Glue

Oops, maybe I should have posted here instead of in the Car Seats forum? Sorry, dumb newbie here. Anyway, I did get a good lap-shoulder belt install in my 2005 Honda CR-V: link.

I was not at all successful with DH's 1996 Honda Prelude. (However, I doubt anyone here has had to deal with one of those. It is not exactly a family car, and apparently they're quite rare now. :p) When the seat belt was buckled, the wide end of the latch plate got stuck at the belt path entry, so it couldn't be tightened enough. A full twist of the buckle end webbing to try to move the latch plate away from the seat didn't significantly improve the situation.

:) Carolyn

I think we'll forgive you, since you were able to get a good install with that seat. I think you deserve some sort of award!;)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
A full twist of the buckle end webbing to try to move the latch plate away from the seat didn't significantly improve the situation.

I haven't followed your link yet, but this sentence stood out at me. You can twist the belt stalk up to three full turns to lower the buckle out of the belt path if you need to. May not actually make a difference, but worth a shot if you'd like to use your new seat in that vehicle. :cool:

mom23boys

Right Start actually called me back yesterday evening to let me know the same thing that Lysandra had talked about in her previous post! They have been so wonderful! Looks like they deserve 5 stars for CS! They have truly done above and beyond what I expected!:thumbsup:

However, Britax blew me off and said they would get back to me within an hour and I still haven't heard from them and that was yesterday morning! Just Sayin!!! Our Blvd was our favorite seat ever but I certainly haven't been impressed with their CS!

jplain

I haven't followed your link yet, but this sentence stood out at me. You can twist the belt stalk up to three full turns to lower the buckle out of the belt path if you need to. May not actually make a difference, but worth a shot if you'd like to use your new seat in that vehicle. :cool:
Ooops, thanks for making me clarify. The webbing isn't long enough for anything more than one full twist.

mom23boys

Just want to let you all know that Right Start had UPS come to our home to pick up Frontier today and they picked up the shipping to send it back! I couldn't have asked for any better Customer Service! I am looking to purchase a Regent and if they carried the print I wanted I definitely would buy from them just because they have treated us so well!

Britax was supposed to call me back yesterday concerning the installation problem but I never heard from them! I called back this morning to find out if they have figured anything out concerning these installation problems and they said the same thing as yesterday, which was they would call me back before the end of the day! It's too late as the seat just left via the Big Brown UPS truck!!!!

aisraeltax

what is the difference in the 2005 Honda CR-V seatbelts?

i admit my balloon is definitely deflating but there is still a small amount of hope left in there.

izzyh4

OK my TWO frontiers came today, I am surprised at how huge they are. They are really nice and the kids loved them DS is on the second highest for harness point with a 16.5 torso. So I was thrilled with that. Them came the install. I took my Wizard out and have attached the photo of my belt stalks. They look pretty recessed so I was optimistic. However I cannot get the thing in, with the booster block in harness mode it has a horrible big lip hanging over the seat that brings DS's knees really close to the front seat. I am really worried about them being that close - is that safe? Anyway I couldn't not get it tight, the tighest I got it it had about 8 inches of side ways wiggle at the top (didn't bother attaching the tether as unless I can get the belts tighter I am going to have to go with an alternative plan. DH might well be able to get it in tighter as he is stronger than me. But what a pain it is. I don't know wether to get the nautilus and return these, or wether to just switch them both to tethered latched boosters.
DS 6 1/2
46 1/2 tall
shoulder to floor 16.5
weight 47 pounds
Dd 43 1/2
shoulder to floor 16.5
weight 40.5 pounds

mom23boys

Sounds like the seat fits your sons legs exactly like it did ours! I returned today! Even if I were able to get a good install, he was complaining about his legs!!! Like I said previously, good for taller kids with the seat depth, bad for us needing the seat for long torso's who are not so tall!!!

izzyh4

He wasn't bothered about it for the 5 mins he sat in it, but I am sure I would be very vocal about it on a long trip. I was also worried that he was just too close to the front seat to be safe. PS this is a 2007 Volvo XC90

izzyh4

Did she mean recline the cars actual seats?, if so mine don't do that. They only fold forwards but I will check my manual.

mom23boys

Maybe you should try to recline seat first if that is possible! The seat belt stalk will have to get close to the belt bath I believe! WIshing you LUCK!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC