News Evenflo Maestro Recall - EVENFLO ( 10C005000 )

swtgi1982

honestly I think they should just replace the affected seats period, I mean that little piece of metal is gonna fix it, I doubt it. They are just setting themselves up for a legal issue if something does happen after the fact. Why do I have a feeling this will not be the last we hear of this?

ADS

swtgi1982

Is this just me or has someone else noticed this from that video of the crash test? The harness adjuster itself is what is coming off AND the screw holding it down coming out seems to be what is causing the cracking and issue. SO if that is the issue why is the reinforcement plate in the fix kit going a whole 3/4in back from the issue on the plastic no where near the harness adjuster it self? It appears from the crash test that the harness adjuster is just being ripped out of the shell, thus I do not see how this metal piece going further back will solve this issue at all.

swtgi1982

I don't own a maestro but I am curious if evenflo will give out refunds to the families that are not comfortable using the seat even with the remedy system.

doubt it, I am about to call sears where all three of mine were purchased to see if they will take them back and I can get my money back, and get something else

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
If you registered it, which I assume you did, you will receive the kit automatically I was told my evenflo yesterday if your seat is affected.

Honestly, I don't know if I did. :whistle: I remember doing my FR85's, but don't remember if I did the Maestro's. I'm also not sure I like the 'fix'. DH watched the video's and is fine with it (he builds aircrafts, so does understand structural stuff), and I was kinda OK until it was mentioned about the harness adjuster is ripping through the shell causing it to crack, vs it cracking and allowing the harness adjuster to malfunction.

I have to figure something out and quick, because the Maestro is a daily seat for my dd's boyfriends son. It's only a spare for us, so I can get away with not using it...but not for long.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
doubt it, I am about to call sears where all three of mine were purchased to see if they will take them back and I can get my money back, and get something else

Can't wait to hear what they say. That's where I bought both of mine. Of course, now I'll have to find receipts for them too. :whistle:

Mommy2Marcus

Re: Maestro Recall

ok reinforcing the splitter plate has nothing to do with the recall what was she talking about? It is the harness adjuster that is the issue, sounds like someone does not know what they are talking about there then.

That is what I meant. I am sick & was extremely tired last night when I posted. Sorry. She said that re-enforced the area around the harness adjuster up front. :eek: Sorry.

fyrfightermomma

Where in the world do you find the fix it kit on the site? I called Evenflo and got a message that said to go to safety.evenflo.com to order the kit. I went there and found nothing other than a statement that said to call them for the kit :confused:

swtgi1982

They told me kits were going out to all registered owners on Monday and depending how far you are from OH you should have it between Wed and Fri next week in home. They are automatically sending it with the recall notice to registered owners I was told.

the bottom of the page here says to register your product for recall, so that sounds right from what I was told from customer service yesterday, I got a person by bypassing the recall option and went to general customer service I called the main number from the owners manual which is also on the back if the seats.

http://safety.evenflo.com/cs/sc/cssc99_RD.phtml?rid=EFR30&src=WEB

DahliaRW

Honestly, they are recalling the seats and have a fix. They did this without any reports of real world injuries or failures (in actual crashes with real kids). And they aren't waiting for someone to get hurt to recall. I'm impressed! Just ordered my kit - not sure if I sent in the card... :whistle:

mytwobugs

Thanks a bunch! I thought that was just to register it, but that will automatically notify them you need a kit?

I think so. I clicked the link at the bottom of the evenflo recall page that said "Register for Recall" to get to that page. I entered my email on the form hoping that I would get some sort of notification about the kit mailing but we will see.

Guess I will now go put the FPSVDs (that I had felt uncomfortable using with my 45 pound 4 yr old especially in the '08 civic for fear the harness would rip out) back in the cars since the replacement maestros may have the adjuster rip out. Great, 4 higher weight harness seats and I still can't win.

Doda

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't NHTSA have to certify that the recall kit will fix the problem? I would think if NHTSA is over seeing the recall than they must retest the seats with the piece installed and found no issues. If NHTSA approved the kit than I have no concerns using my seat after I get the kit.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't NHTSA have to certify that the recall kit will fix the problem? I would think if NHTSA is over seeing the recall than they must retest the seats with the piece installed and found no issues. If NHTSA approved the kit than I have no concerns using my seat after I get the kit.

I don't know what process is undertaken to fix a recall, but I don't have a ton of confidence in NHTSA. :whistle:

swtgi1982

Re: EVENFLO ( 10C005000 )

Mine is also in the recall (Canadian seat). When I was talking to rep at evenflo, I mentioned that ALL my stickers are peeling/bubbling also and she said that she has never heard that before. Pretty bad for a seat that was manufactured: Feb 17 2010.

your stickers too huh? I have three seats and all of them are peeling and bubbling and coming off, mine were made in dec 2009, jan 2010, and mar 2010

icnee

I checked one of the seats we gave put at a check up event and the date is 4/9/2010 and begins with the 310. that really stinks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC