Evenflo Confidence Booster Seat?

ADS

scatterbunny

I think it's nice, I like it better than a TurboBooster, actually. But I still like the Compass B510 and Parkway better. The Confidence, to me, has a cheap feel to it that the B510 and Parkway don't. I love the belt guides, though, and how adjustable it is, including seat depth. I wish the wings were a bit deeper. It's fully-lined with EPS foam, too.

musicmaj

I think I might be purchasing one of these for my 6 year old dd. She sat in it in the store and can't stop talking about how comfortable it is. Then when she saw the reading lights, she was sold. lol I keep reminding her it is the car safety that matters - not the little lights. (I heard the lights don't work that well anyways.) I think that I would rather purchase a compass for her. I keep showing her pictures of the giraffe and pink boosters, but she just keeps talking about the confidence booster and how comfortable it was. Since it has the eps foam, and nice belt guides, I think I am ok with that.

Compared to the turbobuster, she had more growth room in the confidence. She has a long torso, still falls asleep in the car on occasion, so a high back booster with growing room is really important to us.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It grows in three ways, leg, torso and head. I like it. You are right, the lights aren't that great.

Jordynsmama

PHP:
still falls asleep in the car on occasion, so a high back booster with growing room is really important to us.

If she falls asleep in the car I would definitely recommend a Parkway (very comfy btw, especially for sleeping and very pretty).

My dd had a evenflo big kid delux a couple months ago and even though it had sip (more so than the confidence) it just didn't work for sleeping at all. The pw's side wings hold her head in and that is a must for a booster with us as she falls asleep a lot. We could not do any other booster for that reason alone.

mmcphee

Thanks everyone for the input. I am really interested in it because of how wellit seems to show the belt path. This will be going in my dad's car and I think he could use all the help he can get. Since it is only 1.3 miles between our houses, and 2.2 miles to school, sleeping comfort isn't an issue for us. I want something that he can easily do.

ME

scatterbunny

Just FYI, the Evenflo seats do not advertise true side impact protection the way the Britax and Compass B510 do. The Britax and Compass B510 meet European side impact standards.

The Parkway and Monarch definitely have the best sleep support, but the Compass B510 isn't bad, either. The wings on the B510 are just as deep as the wings on the Parkway, they are just angled outward further. The wings on the Evenflo boosters are not as deep or close to the head.

my3girls

It slips into the bottom belt path without you even trying. I love that!

How about the shoulder path? I'm looking for a "no-brainer" booster for Grandma's SUV, which most people recco the PW since it's sans armrests, but I have never been sold on the way my dd fits in it. Any thoughts?

scatterbunny

I don't think the shoulderbelt slips right into the shoulderbelt guide on its own, like it does in the lapbelt guide, but once you slip it in the shoulderbelt guide, it stays there (unlike the Parkway and Turbo, I find that the shoulderbelt slips out when dd unbuckles herself, then it's twisted and/or difficult to buckle next time, having to get it back in the belt guide, straight). The Compass B510 is the same; nice, open guide for the belt to slide, but no real way for it to fall out of the guide; you have to TRY to get it out of the guide to make it happen.

musicmaj

I bought the confidence booster today. I am happy with the choice. DD has a long torso and she has so much room to grow in this seat. She says she is comfortable. She is sooooo picky! I still would have liked a compass better, but she didn't like the "feel" of it as much. The head wings are not as good for sleeping as the parkway or compass, but I think they will work just fine for her.

The belt guides are wonderful. You put the shoulder belt in and it stays there without twisting when the child gets out. I love having no armrests in the way of buckling.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC