Can a 2008 Highlander fit 3 car seats in second row? - Canada

U

Unregistered

Hi,

We are expecting baby #3 in early 2015.

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old forward facing in Diono Radians in my 2008 Highlander currently.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the middle seat in the '08 Highlander can accommodate another child seat. It is a removable seat and a tad shorter than the other two seats. It is definitely wide enough, but it the length that concerns me.

I would like to have all 3 kiddos sitting in the second row because my rear row isn't 60/40 split and I don't think it can even take a child seat.

Thanks in advance. I love my Highlander and don't want to say goodbye!

ADS

Kinleysma

I have the same car/seats! I did get a graco snugride classic in between my two ff outboard radians! It takes some doing. I am NOT a tech. I don't know what a professional would say about the install. That middle seat hardly counts and is a total pain. I purchased the extra base with the dial type angle adjuster and the built in seatbelt lock off and installed it that way. It was impossible to get the crappy base that came with the seat tight enough. (In our 2014 Honda Odyssey in the second row middle position either for that matter!). It also has a bit of hang over on the edge of the seat. I have read conflicting reports about how much is allowable. It seems to be under 20%.
Good luck! I also didn't want to give up my Highlander and this solution seems safe and workable. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC