Bubble Bum

dawnp15

I dont think i understand how it could pass even while deflated? Wouldn't the child then just be basically sitting on the vehicle seat? I agree it has it place for what it can be good for like short trips ect...But i just dont think it would be anything i would ever need to use.

ADS

Evolily

I dont think i understand how it could pass even while deflated? Wouldn't the child then just be basically sitting on the vehicle seat? I agree it has it place for what it can be good for like short trips ect...But i just dont think it would be anything i would ever need to use.

http://www.bubblebum.co.uk/faq.html
What if my Bubblebum gets punctured?

Any car seat that has been damaged or involved in a crash should be replaced as there could be damage to the seat which would affect the performance of the seat in a crash. We have gained our approval R44.04 in the deflated state for piece of mind, but the seat should not be used if punctured.

I'd imagine the belt guides (which as the PP says are metal) would still hold down the belt even when deflated. The material it's made of doesn't look like what you make floaties out of, it looks very dense.

StPaulMom

I think it passed while deflated because of the belt guides. If the seat were to deflate in a crash, or be deflated on any given ride, the shoulder belt may not be at the ideal position, but the lap portion of the belt would still be across the hip bones/lap and not across the abdomen. Besides, as mentioned, the chances of it becoming deflated or popping because of anything other than user error (which happens with all seats) are slim to none. This material is TOUGH. This is not the same material that flotation devices or inflatable beds are made of.

I think it will be a great option for lots of people, especially those who need to get three across! Traditional boosters with arm rests are rigid and often hard to squeeze between two other seats, or next to another seat. But this booster will mold to whatever is next to it, and it doesnt have rigid arm rests that will inhibit buckling/puzzling. Just like all seats, it's not going to be the right choice for everyone, but I think it will be good for plenty of people.

rachandsoph

Would I want to use this daily? No. Would I want to use this for travel and be able to very easily carry-on and store this seat during a flight, ready to be used at destination...you betcha!!!!!!!! It would also make a great 'emergency 'booster to store along with your emergency kit in your vehicle.

Really quite interesting. I'm curious to see what happens when it hits the North American market.

tweetybaby2005

An intereting booster but I keep thinking kids will slid off of the hard rubbery surface of the booster (in an accident??) like when you try to slid off of the side of the raft they use for whitewater rafting. Wonder what will happen in the hot summer when air inside the booster will heat up? I hope the material is strong enough so it won't break or blow up in a hot car!

Kuan

cookie123

I don't know, I'm thinking maybe for one of my grandkids in a 3 across for a trip to the movie, or the mall or some errand right around town, it might fit the bill. Now that my SGL is going back, I'll need something.

NannyMom

I'll admit I was surprised to here the rave review from the carseatlady site. I wonder how the general public will react to it when it comes out in April.
:yeahthat: But I think she's seeing it as a better solution than the parents that use no booster because boosters won't fit, or are too bulky.

Because you're one of "us" ;) Not the general public.

I'd be interested to check it out, but can't see myself using it either.

Baylor

I really think this is awesome.. I think that while it is not ideal for everyday use.. some people who don't use boosters for bulk or cost reasons, May see this as an easy way to make their kids safe. I think it is cool.. I would love to see one in action!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC