Any concerns with this setup?

jeno

Senior Community Member
My kids:
5mos
3.5yrs: 38lbs, 40.5"
6yrs on 3/1/12: 52lbs and 48"

We're flying soon for vacation. Our longest trip will be the hour from the airport. Once at our destination, most of our trips will be less than 10mins in duration or we'll be walking.

It hit me last night that my 3.5yr old could now ride in our RSTV and save me lugging the Radian along. I'm thinking either a Harmony backless or a
Bubblebum for my 6yr old. We travel by air often and with 3 kids I need to keep it simple and easy. To me the Bubblebum is worth the expense to save having to hassle with a backless thru the airport. So long as the fit is good, obviously.

Baby will be riding in a Coccoro.

The older 2 will be fine in the lapbelt on the plane. The fit is decent on my 3.5yr old as I tried it the last time we were on a plane just to see. I find the RSTV to be a bit of hassle in terms of use if you're in/out of the car a lot, but I don't think that'll be an issue on this trip as we're more planning just for a lot of R&R.

My 6yr old has been booster training for over a yr, recently moving into a Parkway full time. He does not generally sleep in the car. My 3.5yr old does sleep in the car if we go out in the afternoon, mostly because she no longer naps. We plan to stop for lunch on our way from the airport to destination to break that trip up anyhow so I don't think that'll be an issue.

Any concerns with this setup? Other thoughts?

ADS

Pixels

New style or old style RSTV? The new style requires the child to stay in position. Wiggling will result in a loose belt.

jeno

Senior Community Member
RSTV is the new style, smaller sized. We've had it for 2yrs now. I'm familiar with its use. I put it on my 3.5yr old today. The fit looks great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC