• True Fit with ARB

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • True Fit without ARB

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Radian 65

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Pixels

I'm pretty sure they did a redesign for 03. I can see in your siggy pic that your front head restraints are different than mine. I can take some pics of my back seat and post them for you. Somehow I doubt it's majorly different.

A RFing LATCH install shouldn't be much different, regardless.

It does install passenger's side. It just requires the front seat to be moved up. I'll take pics, but you can get a bit of an idea from the earlier pic I posted. You can see how the RN comes up between and over the front seatbacks in the center position. The 03 doesn't have advanced airbags with sensors in the passenger's seat, does it?

You can always order one from Target or Walmart (free shipping site to store at WM) and return to the store.

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Okay, DH is home :)
Here is Ciara RF in the XT.

0123008122.jpg

Then I flipped it real quick to show how much leg support it will have FF. (I need to move it anyway, DD1 is complaining about lack of leg room)
0123008123.jpg

In the MA. She has grown a 1/2" since this pic, in the legs and after I took the pic I realized the seat was over reclined so she would have had a little less leg room.
100_0604.jpg

Pixels

Hopefully this will work. I took a bunch of pictures in my back seat, and installed passenger side. There's a total of 9 photos.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to install the RN center with the EFTA outboard, unless it sits high enough on its base to go up and over the RN (like the MA does).

Mommy0608

Thank you both for the pictures!! Very helpful! :)

Well, I'm hopeful that it will fit, and pretty sure I can make it work. However, I'm a little concerned with how reclined it will be for my kid's comfort (Jessica likes being upright).

I will see if I can find someone around here with a Radian (I may have a possible connection with someone to try it). It would be great if I could fit it in the center next to the EFTA, but I won't be disappointed if that won't work. They're both outboard now and I'm okay with it, since they are both RF.

Thanks again for your help! Now that I've ruled out the Marathon, I have a little time before I have to buy... hopefully a few months. ;)

AtTheSouthDam

Since you have a few months to think about we went over to Target tonight to play with the True Fit (yep, my is one of the few Targets that kept it and not clearanced it.) I wanted to really play with it again before I preordered one with ARB.

DD2 is about even with the second slots and is just under the detachable headrest, maybe by 1/2"? She has TONS of leg room. The only downside I could see to it is that is is so wide. As much as the XT makes her look short the TF makes her look skinny. I can't say anything about upright install. I am hoping it is more upright than the XT since that is why I am getting one :)

Sorry, no pics of that one. I don't take pics in stores, I'm not brave enough :)

Mommy0608

Thanks! I think if I CAN'T get my hands on a Radian to try before I buy, I'll seriously consider the True Fit instead (though probably the current model, not the ARB because of the price difference). My Target has it too, and not on clearance (I keep checking). I've never played with it though, just looked at it on the shelf. One of these days I'll have to pull it off the shelf to play with it.

BW1426

Radian :D I hate the True Fit :( Hate it...

I'm trying to think if I'll be near you anytime soon so you could try it.

What car do you drive?

Mommy0608

Radian :D I hate the True Fit :( Hate it...

I'm trying to think if I'll be near you anytime soon so you could try it.

What car do you drive?

Hm, what is it that you don't like about the TF? One of these days I'll get over to BRU and try it in my car... I'm pretty sure they have the TF.

I have a 2003 Honda Civic EX sedan. I am going to check out the Radian successful install thread today to see what I can find out there. I do have a few months now before I have to buy so there's no immediate rush. Maybe we'll end up at a seat check event together this spring/summer. ;) That would be great if I could try yours in my vehicle! Thanks! :D

Pixels

I was at BRU today, so I grabbed the EFTA and took it out to my car. Definitely will not fit next to the center Radian in the Civic. I didn't even bother trying to install it. The door was about 2-3 inches from being able to close.

I think you pretty much already knew the answer to that question, but now it's definite. :)

Mommy0608

Thank you so much Melissa! Yeah, I was pretty sure that wouldn't work. Well now I know that my focus is only on whether it will fit outboard.

I've got my heart set on the Radian now, so it better fit. ;)

Splash

Uh, why aren't you getting another EFTA? You know it fits, you know how to use it...

I would twitch forever if I had to drive a car with two different RF seats.

My kid hated the Radian. Hated. Screamed like no tomorrow when I put him in it. This is Charlie, the happiest, most easy going kid in the universe. And the Radian was like water boarding for him. He HATED it. Sooo.... hope your kid isn't like mine!

Mommy0608

Uh, why aren't you getting another EFTA? You know it fits, you know how to use it...

DH doesn't like it. The knobs have worn down the vehicle seat fabric from rubbing, and I can't get it to install without rubbing there. I took pics of the damage and meant to post them but forgot. I'll have to do that. Also, I'd like a Radian because it sits lower and it'd be easier to get the kiddo in while RF. Jessica tries to climb into the EFTA herself now but has a lot of trouble with it. I have to stand behind her while she tries (and it takes forever!) because she falls backward. :rolleyes: However, if the Radian won't work and I find out that I don't like the TF (which I know also has tall sides), then we will get another EFTA.

The Radian also has a taller shell than the EFTA so it'll last a little longer RF. Tyler's a big boy, so if I can buy a little extra time, that would be good.

I'm sorry Charlie didn't like it, that's a bummer! Do you know what it was that he didn't like? Straps, recline angle, feel of the cover, etc.?

Splash

He never used if RF, only FF. It's bolt upright and very unpadded. And the chest clip strangled him. And he couldn't see out the window. And he was tired. And it itched. And there is no side support. And his legs hurt. And mama hissed at it.

Normal stuff.

Mommy0608

Oh I see. Bummer.

I hadn't really considered FF comfort and the ability to sleep in it. We travel almost every weekend to my parents' and Jessie usually sleeps the whole way there and back because we drive at bed time. That could be an issue. She does sleep comfortably in the EFTA though.

I did find someone willing to let me try their Radian in my car in a few weeks, so I will try it both RF and FF to see how upright the FF install looks. I will also be trying the TF that day too, so we'll see.

Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't thought of that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC