3 across in an '05 Dodge Neon?????? HELP

beebear23

Senior Community Member
This is for a friend of mine. I just spent over an hour working on her seats.

2 apexes and 1 BT Flex-loc. No go.
1 apex, 1 flex-loc and 1 AO. No go. Any other options? The Radian is too much money, but she'll do it if she has no other choice at all.
Do you think a Scenera would work(for the 3 year old)? She has a 4.5 year old that is ~42 lbs, a 3 year that is 26 pounds and one due at the end of Feb. She's afraid that by the time the 4.5 year old outgrows the Radian it will be expired and she won't be able to use it for the baby, like I suggested. But, I just realized, she could use it for her 3 year old when the 4 year old outgrows it.. Right?
HELP!!! Getting a new car isn't an option right now either.
Though, my thinking is that they should have thought of this during those 5 months when they were discussing having #3(lucky jerks got pg on the first cycle)..

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
A Dodge Neon? She's gonna have to take both the Apexes out of the mix, I'm pretty sure. That's a really small car. I have no idea if the Apex will puzzle with a center Radian. It doesn't really puzzle with the Husky, though (you'd think it would). I take it she's got the Apexes outboard - what was the room in the center like? Did you try the infant seat without the base? (That would be fun - buckling it in every time between two other carseats...)

Does she realize the Radian has an 8-year expiration? I can't imagine her 4.5 yo not outgrowing it until he's 12. ;)

A 26lb 3yo should still fit in the Scenera, but I still don't think she's going to get anything to fit 3-across in that car with an Apex. :(

Lea_Ontario

I don't know how the size of a Neon compares to that of a Cavalier, but I'll tell you what's worked for us for 3-across in our car:

• Evenflo Generations FF/ Regal Ride FF / Snugride
  • Evenflo Generations FF / Safety 1st Intera FF / Snugride
  • Evenflo Generations FF / Safety 1st Intera FF / Safe Seat 1
  • Radian FF / Intera FF / SS1
  • Radian FF / Radian FF / SS1
  • Radian FF / Radian FF / Regal Ride RF

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Thanks. Iwasn't aware of the 8 year expiration on the Radian or I would have told her. I'll tell her about that today. There is NO way she is going to fit anything in w/the Apex in there... 2 Apexes outboard are fine, but there was not enough room in the center to fit the infant seat into the base. The infant seat would not fit at all.. And then w/the base there, we couldn't get the passenger door closed. We managed to fit the one on the driver side in so that the door closed(w/the infant base in the center), but when we put in the one on the passenger side, the door wouldn't close at all. Bummer.. I even asked if she wanted to buy my Focus. LOL.. She declined. Should have tried that combination of seats in my Focus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC