05 Chevy Silverado crew cab

H

Hannah jose

My husband is looking to buy a 05 Chevy Silverado I was wondering if my 4 month olds car seat can go in the middle seat . Tia šŸ˜Š

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Assuming you mean the middle rear seat, it looks likely from what I can see of the vehicle online, especially with the center of the front seat folded down. However, that seat may be somewhat shallow, so you'd have to be sure the seat doesn't exceed its overhang limit. Trying your seat in the vehicle is really the best way to know for sure. If you mean the center front, you'd have to get your hands on the manual, but I would think it would be highly unlikely to be safe.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The Silverado/Sierra Crew Cab (make sure it really is a crew cab, not an Extended Cab) is very car set friendly. We have a 2012 but I've worked in model years all over the place including older ones and they are generally very easy to install in.

Some things to watch for: The center position doesn't have a head restraint, so later when you're past the high-back booster stage this can be an issue for multiple children. The outboard seats have head restraints but they don't adjust very high. I discovered I could buy a used front seat head rest and use it in the back seat when the child is too tall for the included head rest. I cannot say whether this trick works for a 2005 model, but it works for our 2012.

The center position is probably just a lap belt. This is fine for installing car seats. In fact, it's usually easier than a lap/shoulder belt. If you prefer to use lower anchors, these are included in the center seat for that model year, as well as behind the passenger.

While the center seat pan is a little shorter than the outboard ones in the crew cab, it's still as deep as most cars. It's not an extremely short seat like you find in some other pickups. I think it's unlikely that you'll find a car seat that doesn't install well there.

Everything changes if you go with an Extended cab. These can be quite tricky for car seats and I would strongly encourage you to stick with the crew cab as it's a MUCH more family-friendly vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle ownerā€™s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! Ā©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC