Question help choosing convertible and booster

AllieK

I really, really love our 4Ever! Way more than the "high end" seats. I love it so much I bought a second and really want to buy a 3rd! DH loves it too, which is saying a lot for the man who hates all car seats. ;)

ADS

littleangelfire

I think I've about settled on britax seat, but I think they need to supply more money-she priced the seats based on an online sale price at target.com and when I went into the store it was almost $20 more. I don't want to have to wait for Target to ship, we've been without the seats for 3 weeks! The one we have left got moved 3 times this weekend and my sore wrists didn't appreciate that.

If there's enough left over I'm thinking of getting a Graco seat as a spare. I don't know that we need a 4ever or Milestone because it probably won't get used in booster mode anyway. But one of the others.

littleangelfire

I got a Blvd CT today and so far it's going back. :( I had a Marathon G4.1 before and liked it well enough, hate how high it is but no biggie. The Blvd CT was a pain to get set up correctly, though might not have been if I hadn't also been focusing on my husband and two littles at the same time. My biggest complaint? The harness is SHORT. Super short. Much shorter than the Marathon one. And yes, I already adjusted it from little baby mode into older kid mode. My 2 year old is 30lbs or a bit under, 37" tall, I don't see how this seat will possibly get him anywhere near 65lbs. And the button to loosen the harness is SO buried. I'm sure they were trying to prevent kids from loosening. Well, good job, I can't loosen it either, lol. My fingers aren't hardly long enough and it hurts my wrists to bend that way. So I'm almost positive it's getting returned which stinks. So it's either buy another Marathon like I had before or I may replace it with one of the Graco seats. DS really likes having a cupholder, lol. I like the NextFit, too, but alas, no cupholder and really no reason in my mind to spend that much if it doesn't have some sort of anti-rebounc protection, a cupholder, or some other outstanding feature. I'll consider a clek if I see some great deal. But I, was trying to purchase a full time seat plus a spare with the insurance money.

I kind of hate the boulevard. The installation, clicktight part? That's fabulous. Everything else, not so much. They've lost that butter smooth harness adjuster. And I HATE the new HUGS, too. And they should build the cupholder into the seat so it's not sticking so far out the side of an already really wide seat. THere. I think rant over. I'm getting a graco seat on Amazon.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Nextfit comes with a removeable cupholder, unless they've changed things in the last couple years. Mine from 2013 included a cupholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littleangelfire

I'm having such issues. Returned the click tight, and had a huge issue doing so, they didn't want to let me return it. Got instead the extend2fit and a size4me. I really want to like the extend2fit. But it's SO hard to loosen and tighten the harness. My wrists are still sore from the accident and I can't hardly do it. The size4me was to be a spare but it's SO reclined it takes up too much space to fit in the main vehicle I needed it to. Ugh. Before this I'd never returned a seat, now I have two more I wish I could but after the stink the store made I can't. I'd have to sell them and hope to make money back. I want to try a fllo but I can't find anywhere locally that carries it.

1mommy

LAF: I take it you got the seats from a big store like Target? I would simply return to a different store if it is within the return period still. For what's it's worth I really like my Milestone and find it easy to tighten, and it's compact.

1mommy

As for the fllo you can order it from bed bath beyond online and take it back to the store or Amazon with free returns.

littleangelfire

As for the fllo you can order it from bed bath beyond online and take it back to the store or Amazon with free returns.

I got the click tight at buy buy baby, they made a big stink when I returned it saying they normally don't allow you to return a seat. They only gave store credit so I bought the two graco seats there because they no longer carry clek.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC