Honda Odyssey "Plus One" (2005-2010 Odyssey model years) Successful Installation Thread

MommyShannon

I'd start a new thread asking for the best placement. You probably should look at radians though since they are narrow. I just moved my baby to the back row and either climb back and sit beside her to buckle her or step into the trunk space to put her in.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Re: Honda Odyssey "Plus One" Successful Installation Thread

The female end (buckle stalk) is twisted to pull the buckle down further away from the belt path and give me a tighter and more secure installation. The female end is allowed to be twisted up to 3x. I think I only twisted 1.5x in that pic. I would have liked to do another 1/2 twist but I would have needed both hands and dh wasn't home to help...

On the Radian in the Ody jump seat - I couldn't get my female end/buckle stalk to twist more than half a twist. It has a plastic housing around it that prevented any more twisting. Does yours not have the plastic? Can I take that plastic off?

I also found that no matter how much weight I put on the seat when tightening the belt, the shoulder belt pulled the seat upward and would not let me get a tight installation. How did you keep this from happening? My installation looked just like your photo, but there was at least 2" side-to-side movement after my construction worker brother and I together installed it as tightly as we could.

(I know this thread is old but I hope someone will still reply. I really NEED this car seat to fit in that space so I can have my 2 RFers in the middle row and still be able to move a captain's chair forward to get into the back row to buckle/unbuckle FFers. I am too short, too busty, and my arms are too short to even attempt to buckle anyone from the back hatch. TIA!)

Syllieann

On the Radian in the Ody jump seat - I couldn't get my female end/buckle stalk to twist more than half a twist. It has a plastic housing around it that prevented any more twisting. Does yours not have the plastic? Can I take that plastic off?

I also found that no matter how much weight I put on the seat when tightening the belt, the shoulder belt pulled the seat upward and would not let me get a tight installation. How did you keep this from happening? My installation looked just like your photo, but there was at least 2" side-to-side movement after my construction worker brother and I together installed it as tightly as we could.

(I know this thread is old but I hope someone will still reply. I really NEED this car seat to fit in that space so I can have my 2 RFers in the middle row and still be able to move a captain's chair forward to get into the back row to buckle/unbuckle FFers. I am too short, too busty, and my arms are too short to even attempt to buckle anyone from the back hatch. TIA!)

Mine does have the plastic housing to keep it upright but the belt turns easily inside of it. Iirc I reclined the seat back while I tightened down and the set it back to its most upright position. A tech also Pm'd me after replicating my install. She was able to get it solid but was uncomfortable with the total amount of contact between the radian and the vehicle seat and opted not to use it that way. The exterior width of the foonf is supposed to be the same as the radian so perhaps that would work if you removed the arm rest on the captain chair. Another thing that might help if the front passenger seat is usually unoccupied, depending on seats and stats...install the passenger side seat with latch and put your sb or booster rider on the plus one. To access the third row use the lever below the capt chair to unhinge and tilt the entire vehicle seat all the way forward, before putting that kid in, of course.

U

Unregistered

Is it possible to do two forward facing marathons and a forward facing frontier in the middle row of the 2007 Honda Odyssey? What 3 forward facing seats can go in the middle row?

atomik_momma

So if you are getting a 2011 or newer Odyssey, will a Radian with the angle adjust work RF in the plus one seat? My daughter is going to need to move up to a convertible soon, and we are planning on buying a new minivan early next year and I am REALLY wanting to put her RF in that middle seat so my hubs and I won't be squished into the dash with her directly behind one of us. (We have five kids. The oldest two don't need harnesses or boosters anymore, third oldest is in a high back booster, next kid down is currently RF in a true fit but will be forward facing by the time we buy the new minivan next year.) I suppose now that I think about it I could always put dc4 in the radian FF outboard, and put dc5 RF in the true fit in the middle, but then I won't be able to buy a pretty girlie radian and after four boys I was really looking forward to buying a girlie carseat. lol.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

We put our plus one in our 2005 (cloth seats) today, and since it was in I thought I'd check and see if the Coccoro fits. It does. I was able to securely install a rear-facing Coccoro on the plus one seat using the behind-the-seat "Euro" seatbelt routing. I was even able to do it with a Frontier driver's side and an Oobr in with LATCH passenger side! (I removed the Oobr to check for secure installation; it was not touching the Frontier.) I'm not saying I'd actually do that as a 3 across because the Oobr would be very difficult (near impossible) to buckle, but something narrow and harnessed could be installed with seatbelt there- a Defender or Radian maybe- and it could work. Or a backless booster with flip-up or no armrests could work there. You could most DEFINITELY get 3 Coccoros across if you had, say, rear-facing triplets (or 2 Radians and a Coccoro, if you had 3 rear-facers of assorted ages, though you'd have to use Angle Adjusters to put a rear-facing Radian in those captain's chairs without Issues with a capital I.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Is it possible to do two forward facing marathons and a forward facing frontier in the middle row of the 2007 Honda Odyssey? What 3 forward facing seats can go in the middle row?

No way those would fit, but you should not put a forward-facing seat in that plus one seat anyway- no top tether anchor.

acoro

you'd have to use Angle Adjusters to put a rear-facing Radian in those captain's chairs without Issues with a capital I.)

I can attest to this...even with the angle adjuster it is a weird install in the captain's chairs. I actually found the easier install was RF radian in the plus 1 seat w/ angle adjuster :duck:

kaleigh71

We are going to need to put someone in the plus-one seat in the near future as we have 4 and are in the process of adopting two more, and a new vehicle is out of the question for at least a little while due to the cost of adoption. One will be 5 years old, the other around 2 years. Here's what we will have when the two adoptive children come home in about a year, in a 2005 Ody:

9 year old (currently in Probooster but does well in backless if needed)
8 year old (currently in Graco SS Turbo)
5 year old (currently in Nauti)
5 year old (adoptive)
2 year old (currently in RF True Fit Premier)
2 year old (adoptive)

My desire is to have the two rear-facing seats in the middle row. The TFP fits fine behind the drivers seat RFing, would love the other RF in the Plus-one. So, my question is (and I know many of these posts are older and there are lots of new seats out there) what seat might sit well RFing next to a RFing TFP? I am not a huge fan of the Radian, but if it is the only option I guess I will go with it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Your real challenge will be that the TrueFit is quite wide. A Radian might fit, or a Coccoro, but with the TF being so wide, I can't really think of what else might work unless you got something really high on a really narrow base...

kaleigh71

If I have to get two new seats I will. I know that seat is huge, so if it won't work I am ok with that.

P.S. Anne don't mention adoption on my FB, no announcements yet. ;)

kaleigh71

What other seats out there play nice with one another and are fairly narrow? Any of the newer Graco seats? I guess I need to start stalking chat again, I feel so out of the loop.

LittlePeanut

We are going to need to put someone in the plus-one seat in the near future as we have 4 and are in the process of adopting two more, and a new vehicle is out of the question for at least a little while due to the cost of adoption. One will be 5 years old, the other around 2 years. Here's what we will have when the two adoptive children come home in about a year, in a 2005 Ody:

9 year old (currently in Probooster but does well in backless if needed)
8 year old (currently in Graco SS Turbo)
5 year old (currently in Nauti)
5 year old (adoptive)
2 year old (currently in RF True Fit Premier)
2 year old (adoptive)

My desire is to have the two rear-facing seats in the middle row. The TFP fits fine behind the drivers seat RFing, would love the other RF in the Plus-one. So, my question is (and I know many of these posts are older and there are lots of new seats out there) what seat might sit well RFing next to a RFing TFP? I am not a huge fan of the Radian, but if it is the only option I guess I will go with it.

I was working with trying to fit as many 7-8 year olds in my 2010 Ody this week. I do know that the Harmony LBB fits beautifully in the +1. In the 3rd rown I was able to comfortably fit a FF Radian XT/Harmony LBB/TurboBooster HBB.

I'm not sure I could have fit much else in the 3rd row without at least 1 Radian in the mix. Pretty sure it would have fit either FF or RF though. Obviously with those seats in those spots, you could put whatever you wanted on the captain's chairs.

CuddlyMonsters

I have a '11 Odyssey we have installed RF the Peg Covertible on the jump seat - I have it currently installed with latch, but have done it using the seatbelt too. The other seat I have put there is a Coccoro and before that we had a Graco Sungride...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

I have a '11 Odyssey we have installed RF the Peg Covertible on the jump seat - I have it currently installed with latch, but have done it using the seatbelt too. The other seat I have put there is a Coccoro and before that we had a Graco Sungride...

The 11 is the new body style and does not have the Plus One seat, but has a larger seat.

emtb79

I have put rearfacing in my plus one a true fit premier. The new Britax convertibles would not fit next it forward facing with it next to it in a captains chair. Perhaps a rearfacing classic Britax might work in the plus-one. I'm trying to think what else I have attempted to put in the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC