YOUR kiddos in the True Fit.

ADS

Lenae

What an awesome thread! This seat is a contender for baby! I love the looks of all the kids in the seat! Now...if I could only see a noob ;)

I've got a newborn picture for ya. Again, not installed, but you'll get the idea. These were taken at 3 weeks, she was just under 9 lbs, 20 inches. I ended up taking the strap covers off for a better fit.
chyseat3.jpg

chyseat2.jpg

Mags462

I will snap current pics when we go get DS1 from school.... DS2 rides FF in one and DS3 rides RF in one. I love the seat - for me its just about the perfect seat. The only improvements it needs IMO is upping the weight limit to 40lbs and fixing the harness adjuster issues some people seem to have. I have tried just about every seat out there and the TF is my favorite. If you really want extremes, i can see if DS1 can still FF in it.... hahaha - he'll love that! ;)

DS2 almost 4..... 36ish lbs - prefers this seat FF to any other we have tried.
DSC02190.jpg

DS3 2yr2mo..... 25ish lbs, only seat he's ever ridden in so he doesn't know any different. Lol!
DSC02192.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

Last edited:

Keeanh

Oh no, I'm not offended.. I have just noticed that she always specifies YOUR. So I thought I'd ask why it really matters... that's all.

I took it to mean "personal opinion/pics rather than links to stuff online" :shrug-shoulders:

Here's Kiera RF at 2.5 (sorry, I don't have one of her buckled)
IMG_5118.JPG

Here's Beth FF at 4.5
IMG_6057.JPG

AtTheSouthDam

I took it to mean "personal opinion/pics rather than links to stuff online" :shrug-shoulders:

Here's Kiera RF at 2.5 (sorry, I don't have one of her buckled)

Here's Beth FF at 4.5

OT, but I have Ciara (pronounced Keer-ah) and Beth too! Even in that age order :D

jewlsvern

These pictures are great. I just ordered one for DD to use FFing at almost 5yo. I am glad to see it fits older ones so well. She could still fit RFing in it also. I hope I am as pleased with it as I think I will be when it gets here.

VoodooChile

Not installed, just playing at BRU. I couldn't take the padding out b/c I was starting to get the stink eye from one of the employees.
(Ds had been playing with the chest clip; that's why it's so high up).
This was in October, I think, so he would be right about 2 1/2 here, 37", 31 or 32 lbs:
Jason_TF.jpg

morlando27

I'll have to get a picture. DS turned 3 in October and weighs about 31#, not sure on height. I don't really like the TF as rf seat, at least not with my child or in the vehicles we own. I'm hoping I'll like it better ff.

jheimes

I have the TF and TFP and have used both RF and FF in many vehicles. I love the install and fit on a variety of kiddos as I use this as one of my daycare seats because it is so easy to adjust between kids and install in a flash once you figure out the tricks.
My 3yr (see stats below) sits RF in the TFP and Radian XTSL. He prefers the xtsl even though it is pink. LOL, but I think that is only because it is sitting in a different spot in the van (by a window). He fits great FF or RF and my 6 yr fits great FF and is on top harness slot with a little grow room yet.
Seat back is tall, I wish they would up it to 40lb RF.
I have had a few littles in it w/o thetop and used the infant insert and been happy with that fit as well.
I do like the TFP a little better for installing RF because of the 2 recline options i don't have to use a noodle.

bookgirl

We've been using a TrueFit for nearly 3 years. I love it. Easy to install with a seatbelt & easy to take the cover off for cleaning. We were able to RF until my daughter was 3. She's now 4.5 and has lots of room to grow. She says it's very comfy. :) I'm about to put her into a Nautilus (I think) and pass the TrueFit to the 2-year-old (currently in a Cosco Scenera, which I HATE).

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
DS at about 18months.... the rest must be on my camera, not my phone...

Eta, don't know where the attachments went :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

love-pink

Anyone else care to add their TF pics? Does anyone happen to have pictures showing how much more rfing room the TFP needs vs the TF?

StillThankful

Perfect thread! I took some pics of DD2 in the TFP but never posted them for some reason. She is almost 3 and 32#, 37.5". I took pics of her in the TFP w/ the infant padding at first LOL! Her little thighs were so squished:p She fits perfectly in it w/o the padding.

I have it installed Rfing in my 95 odyssey.

Attachments

• P1110238.JPG
    P1110238.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 32
  • P1110241.JPG
    P1110241.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Cath3114

I'm gonna ask this here since you're all owners, instead of a new thread.

We just installed a TF in my DH's Jeep Wrangler. he has squishy seats, so I can't really see the bubble level indicator. From what I can tell, the ball sits on the bottom of it. Does that sound right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC