XTSL Headwing question

nosidammai

I know that you can use the headwings if you're using the top 3 slots, but what about if the child isn't tall enough for them to be in the right position?
My DD is 18 months and 32" and at the 3rd slots, so I pushed the headwings all the way down. Well, apparently they weren't low enough, and she fell asleep. Her head tilted to the side sort of slumped, and when she woke up, her head got stopped by the bottom of the headwing and her head was stuck, she couldn't lift it :( Should I just move the head wings all the way up until she's tall enough? That's what I did for now.

ADS

NannyMom

Are you SURE they're all the way down? Generally (from what I've seen here) by the time the child's shoulders are above the 3rd slots, they are tall enough.

featherhead

I agree with Nannymom. Pull back the cover and check to see if they are all the way at the bottom of the track. If they are, and they are still too low, then I would put them back up for a while.

nosidammai

They're as far down as I can get them before I feel like I'm gonna break something. I looked under the cover I'm pretty sure they're all the way down. I guess I'll just keep them up for now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC