WWYD for road trip???

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok we haven't gotten the replacement radain65 yet our straps are warn down and starting to fray on ours... so currently abby is in her turbo booster. I don't like it i just don't not in the intrepid with cinching seat belts. i don't mind her in it in the land rover b/c i can lock the seat belts on here and she doens't move at all. Anyways we are going to be going up to chicago this weekend for her birthday to the zoo, aquarium ect. staying all night and stuff. we are taking the intrepid what combo of seats should i use??? I don't know but i don't think the uptown, FPSVD, and parkway will fit 3 across but i could try??? right now i have allie in the FPSVD rfing in the middle, abby driver side turbo, austin pass side parkway...
Or would you use the radian with posssiblely fraying harness??? I'm so torn on this... WHY dont' i just have a seat for her yet!!! Arrrrrggg!

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Is this the seat with the fraying harness adjuster? it's pretty bad right?

Definitely try the FPSVD, Uptown and Parkway & let us know how it goes.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
my harness is fraying it's not pilling i can actully pull small threads out if i try to (only tried once)... I'll give that combo a go but i'm thinking it might not work since the uptown really doesn't sit up on a base..

becca011906

Senior Community Member
well that sucked, my fingers hurt! LOL
I was able to finally get the uptwon driver side seat belt installed w/ 3 twists in stalk (did i mention i HATE HATE seat belt instals in an intrepid) but with LATCH it was to far center set, i got the FPSVD center w/ latch ffing b/c rfing it was leaning against the uptown funny and allie seems to do better ffing on LONG rides. she'll be ok! :) and the parkway passanger side with lots of room to buckle up himself.
It's a good thing abby is down to 38#s again (summer time LOL) so she can still ride in the that b/c i think allie wouldn't have let her ride in "her" new seat. hopefully allie will sleep ok in the FPSVD since it does sit more upright then the scenera or uptown did.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC