Would you put a 4yo in a booster?

ADS

christineka

You know, my ds2 was one of those crazy types in the car seat no matter which way he faced. I decided he needed to be harnessed as long as possible, so bought a frontier. (For my older ds to use as long as possible, then hand down to ds2.) I had a situation recently that put my almost 5 yo in a booster full time for a month. He rode in the booster for 90 minute drives and was calm and wonderfully behaved in the booster. The bad thing was that he wouldn't sleep longer than 5 minutes in it. (I have boosters with good head support, so sleeping kiddos stay in place.) If I needed to again, I'd not hesitate to put my ds2 in a booster full time, but we're in a place where it isn't needed and boosters don't work so great with 6 in 6 seats, so he's harnessed, but he rides in the booster in the car.

agave

Hahaha "rabid squirrel on speed" thats hilarious!!

That made me laugh too but, DH says methamphetamines rolls off the tongue better.

My ADD nephew moved from an outgrown harnesses seat to a booster at 4yrs 4 months. I didn't get to see him in it until 4 yrs 11 months but it fit him nicely and in 3 days of driving with him I only had squirmy problems the first drive. It's not ideal, if he where my kid he'd be in a harness in his mom's car he's in a backless or nothing. It drives me nuts that there is nothing I can do.

Laurelz

Well upon my recent Facebook check I just saw a "friend" with two 3yo's and a 7yo in the car with nothing!!! No car seats, no seatbelts... I don't feel so bad now!

MommyShannon

I do not get the rush to boosters. I guess they are cheaper and easy to remove, but they are harder to buckle and don't restrain the kids unless there is an accident. I like my kids being restrained so their hitting and kicking can't reach quit as far. I love when they learn to buckle themselves which is easier in a harness. Oh, well, that's off topic a little.

To OP, I'm not a tech, but yeah I would if it was that or a lbb. Any chance the child would fit in a Maestro for a while yet? Would the mom be less open to that?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC