Would you be ok turning a 3.5yo FF?

YinzerMama

I hadn't thought about not being able to kick in the head as a benefit. I separated my oldest and youngest in part because the youngest kept kicking him.

We are doing a ff radian now as well and I think the youngest really thinks he's a big kid now. He calls it his booster seat. He has yet to fall asleep in it but he looks pretty darn comfy.

Last edited:

finn

I hadn't thought about not being able to kick in the head as a benefit. I separated my oldest and youngest in part because the youngest kept kicking him. We are doing a ff radian now as well and I think the youngest really thinks he's a big kid now. He calls it his booster seat. He has yet to fall asleep in it but he looks pretty darn comfy.
I have a sedan, with neither kid sitting in the middle and dd could still kick ds in the head!!

She calls it a booster as well :) I have moved her to ds's old original Frontier, which she loves & looks super comfy and tiny in lol

Little Ps Mama

Given your particular circumstances, I would turn her. If it were my 3.5 year old who just wanted to do what his older sibling was doing and giving me heck for it (as he does with most everything, all day long), I'd tell him suck it up buttercup and push through until 4. I actually did this for the first half of this year. I'm also very stubborn though. :D

finn

Just thought I would update, I turned dd ff, she lasted a week, turns out she gets car sick...who knew lol

So she is rf again, happily. I did give her the option of staying ff but she feels nauseous a lot of the time anyway so she wasn't keen :) thankfully I have a Two way elite to use when she outgrows her Multi Tech & Radian (which won't be too far away)

xursusmaritimusx

yes :)

3 is my min. anything after that is just awesome sauce

and just saw your update lol sorry it didnt work out! hopefully she doesnt still get car sick or you figure out something else when you eventually do have to turn her!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prettydumpling

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2020 Carseat Media LLC