Question Would Graco do anything?

NannyMom

When I posted on their FB about hating the new buckle, they contacted me and offered a refund or new seat. So, call them. :)

ADS

vonfirmath

This is making me hold onto my Classic Marathon to use with DD

I was going to get rid of it because it expires when she is 2y9m old and get a My Ride instead. But it sounds like I'll hate this new buckle!

mollysw

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
Hmmm....I never had a seat with the old buckle but I haven't once had a problem with the new one. I use the seat everyday. My hubs would have told me if the buckle was difficult because he loves criticizing carseats to get under my nerves. :rolleyes:

My husband does too!

turtlemama

I've also got the MR and hate the buckle. The new one they send you will likely be the same exact thing. I called them about my straps being different lengths and they sent me a new seat and it had the same difficult buckle. Their CS is amazing, though.
I now have another problem with the cover not fitting over the top of the seat. I would call again, but I don't want to keep bugging them, so I will probably just buy a MA70 like I originally intended when we have the money to do so, and sell the MR.

In the meantime, I've found there is a learning curve with the buckles. Press in at the top of the red button when unbuckling, push the tongues in really hard when buckling.
Then with the chest clip, push one part of the clip in and then the other because it won't work if you do it at the same time.
I use the seat every single day and found that the buckle does get a little easier with time, but I'm not sure if that's from "breaking it in" or just me getting a set routine on how I buckle and unbuckle it.

mollysw

I've also got the MR and hate the buckle. The new one they send you will likely be the same exact thing. I called them about my straps being different lengths and they sent me a new seat and it had the same difficult buckle. Their CS is amazing, though.
I now have another problem with the cover not fitting over the top of the seat. I would call again, but I don't want to keep bugging them, so I will probably just buy a MA70 like I originally intended when we have the money to do so, and sell the MR.

In the meantime, I've found there is a learning curve with the buckles. Press in at the top of the red button when unbuckling, push the tongues in really hard when buckling.
Then with the chest clip, push one part of the clip in and then the other because it won't work if you do it at the same time.
I use the seat every single day and found that the buckle does get a little easier with time, but I'm not sure if that's from "breaking it in" or just me getting a set routine on how I buckle and unbuckle it.

Yeah I hope they just refund me. Where is the best place to try and sell a car seat if they don't? Yeah I basically have no problem buckling and unbuckling. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass if I don't have the clips angled correctly but that's it. But people I try to teach don't get it.

2BunniesMommy

I would be surprised if they didn't. I have had to call Graco about MyRide issues a couple times and a pack n play issue a couple times. They were nothing but 100% helpful and I really felt like they wanted to make sure I went away saying that I love Graco CS. Well, guess what, I LOVE Graco CS.

turtlemama

Yeah I hope they just refund me. Where is the best place to try and sell a car seat if they don't? Yeah I basically have no problem buckling and unbuckling. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass if I don't have the clips angled correctly but that's it. But people I try to teach don't get it.

I think they will. They have great CS.
Anyone else would have just used my MR as is with the straps different sizes because it was only a small difference between the two, but that one side just barely failed the pinch test so I called to ask about it and they had me send it in and they sent me a whole new seat.
If no one but you can work the buckles and you need other people to use the seat, then it would be a safety problem. So I think they would do a refund.

hrice

I just called because I'm tired of messing with the damn buckle. It was in my moms van and she couldn't figure it out so I took it. I can buckle it after cussing over it for a bit. So not worth it. She offered to replace it first but I know it would be the same hassle with a new one so I am getting a refund. It's a shame because it is otherwise a great seat.

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

mollysw

I just called because I'm tired of messing with the damn buckle. It was in my moms van and she couldn't figure it out so I took it. I can buckle it after cussing over it for a bit. So not worth it. She offered to replace it first but I know it would be the same hassle with a new one so I am getting a refund. It's a shame because it is otherwise a great seat.

How long have you had it? What did you tell them? I've never really called about something like this before. I need to call today.

mollysw

Also do they pay for you to ship it back?

mollysw

Well hell! I just got off the phone with them and they didn't offer a replacement. They're gonna have me send them the seat and send me a new one.

hrice

mollysw said:
Also do they pay for you to ship it back?

They are sending me a shipping label.

I was first offered a new seat. I told her I would rather get a refund since the buckle will be the same.

mollysw

It'll be perfectly fine if the seat comes back with a buckle that others are capable of using. I was hoping for a refund though so I could buy a Radian.

mollysw

They are sending me a shipping label.

I was first offered a new seat. I told her I would rather get a refund since the buckle will be the same.

Damn I should have asked then. I guess if this one is the same (which I assume it will be) I could call back and ask for a refund.

hrice

mollysw said:
Damn I should have asked then. I guess if this one is the same (which I assume it will be) I could call back and ask for a refund.

You can call back now and ask. That saves them sending you a seat that your just going to send back for a refund since they probably can't sell it once it has been sent out, opened and returned.

mollysw

You can call back now and ask. That saves them sending you a seat that your just going to send back for a refund since they probably can't sell it once it has been sent out, opened and returned.

Well I called back and they are still sending the seat. I told her that if it's the same buckle style I don't want it and she basically told me that it's probably just my buckle thats messed up. I told her I don't have a problem with it but no one else can use it. She said if I have a problem with the new one to give them a call right away. Well at least I tried.

hrice

mollysw said:
Well I called back and they are still sending the seat. I told her that if it's the same buckle style I don't want it and she basically told me that it's probably just my buckle thats messed up. I told her I don't have a problem with it but no one else can use it. She said if I have a problem with the new one to give them a call right away. Well at least I tried.

Oh well. Maybe you will get lucky!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC