Will I miss my stroller recline?

T4K

I will either be gifting or selling my Combi Jade Shuttle and Cosmo "travel system" and am thinking about snagging one of those Mac Starcks for super cheap. But they don't recline...will I miss that? Baby is 10 months old and this will be my only stroller (besides my dedicated jogger). I babywear most the time but I do like having a stroller option. Especially as she grows.

So...not having a recline...big deal?

ADS

Rosey

Depends on your kid. My 18month old still sleeps in the stroller so I have to have recline. Other kids don't. I also read up reviews on the starcks and if I recall correctly there were quite of few of them with structural issues people having to get repaired. And more than the recline, I dont think I would like the shelf instead of the basket.

NVMBR02

I almost never use the recline on a stroller. DD falls asleep sitting up and if you try to recline her she will wake up and be crabby. We have a BOB revolution and a Volo that is around 7 years old. I generally just bring the Volo since we don't have a lot of space in our vehicle.

oddduck

I would. It gets used a lot here. My 4 year old napped (reclined) in the stroller while my 1 year old walked with me a few days ago.

mommydev

I used my recline quite a bit even as DS got older. I didn't like to use my travel system stroller since it was so big. I replaced it with a keekaroo karoo that I love. I was not a big maclaren fan and that had the features I wanted at a much better price.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Not directly answering your question, but I have a Starck and the kidlets sleep well in it. It was primarily used by the 15mo (under a year when I got it and a late sitter/crawler/walker,) but if the 2.5yo was wiped I'd wear the baby and he would crawl in there and sleep. Also, the 4.5yo (above the weight limit by a couple of lbs) slept for at least 3 hours, solid, at the theme park without a problem.

I haven't loved the shelf, but I've made it work. I do love that is a nicer stroller with umbrella fold.

HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC