Widest Booster for 9 Year Old Wide Built Child?????

M

Mom of 2

Son outgrew his Frontier Clicktight and need a Booster that will fit a bigger built 9 year old.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hello and welcome! The Frontier can also be used as a high back booster. It has above average height and width for a booster as well. There is a section in the manual on storing away the harness system and converting to booster use. There may be a few boosters that adjust a little wider or higher, but probably not by that much. I'd say for a 9-year old that is too tall for a Frontier in booster mode, a backless booster is likely the best option as long as your vehicle seating position has adequate head restraint behind the child.

M

Mom of 2

Thank you! The Frontier was too tight for his shoulders so we got rid of them. What is the widest backless booster that is still comfortable?

M

Mom of 2

So we tried the Chicco GoFit, Graco TurboBooster LX, and Chicco Affix. All too narrow and armrest squeeze the outside of his thighs. Any ideas?

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So we tried the Chicco GoFit, Graco TurboBooster LX, and Chicco Affix. All too narrow and armrest squeeze the outside of his thighs. Any ideas?
The Chicco backless boosters all have the same width at the armrests of 11" as do the Graco TurboBoosters (it's as if they all think kids are the same boxy shape!). However, I'd suggest the Graco Turbo GO https://fave.co/3xa5TPz or as Darren suggested, the Graco RightGuide. I have personally sat in these boosters—I have a penchant for sitting in boosters to try them out even though I can barely squeeze into them after gaining my COVID-19(lbs)—and these are 2 that can fit me when none other can. One issue, though, is with supply with the RightGuide (and crud, the Turbo GO too). It's been out of stock for several weeks, but I think your son will like it better since it's lower profile and less booster-like. Give Graco a call and see if they have a timeline on when it'll be back in stores.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC